Frame skip on Krypton [RESOLVED]

Hi all,

Not got any logs yet, will get them posted soon, mainly starting this thread to see if anyone is having the same issues.

Getting significant and noticeable frameskip since the upgrade, had the same issue on the beta but reverted to stable because I don’t have the time to be a beta tester.

It’s high bitrate -15Mbps+ played over Ethernet.

Anyone else having issues feel free to chime in, logs will be posted in a few hours.

Yes i have noticed that but for me i can say this files are all VC-1 with h264 most of them run smooth.

Can you check that if you are getting this also on vc-1 codec files?

VC-1 now is much more better than before but still lag or framedrop i notice very well.
(on RC4 this files were unplayable)

Sam already knows about this and i hope there comes an improvement with the next update.

Just checked, significant skip with both vc1 and h264…

Thanks for the suggestion though

I’m having the same problem right now.
Try going into Settings>Player>Videos and turn “Adjust display refresh rate” and “Sync playback to display” off.
That is what fixed it for me, at least for h264, which is weird because I had it turned off before by default for the longest time but when I turned it on recently, playback seemed to become smoother and I was able to play and enjoy VC1 for the first time.
Now VC1 is laggy/stuttery as hell no matter how I change around the settings which is unfortunate given Sam’s hope for better playback in Krypton.

HI,

I have the same issue on a Vero 1. Pretty much 10% frame skip on all files I tried last night when playing local. I have changed the “adjust display refresh rate” and “sync playback” to off which only marginally improved the situation. Previous version of Kodi was spot on.

I`m new to forum do will review what I need upload to add value to this thread later today just wanted to report it for now.

Thanks

Same here on Vero 1, playing 24Hz h.264 MP4s. I noticed most play jittery after the Krypton update, however a few lower bitrate vids, that were created using identical “Handbrake” settings, still play smooth. So maybe frameskip only occurs on “higher bitrate” videos?

Will investigate. Best for us to split out Vero 1 and Vero 2 (two different platforms)

You can replicate this issue using the large file we’ve used for previous problems.

Don’t have a computer at moment so struggling to get logs.

For Vero 2 users there are potential improvements here: [TESTING] Improved video clock with Kodi Krypton

I will test some clips with it

1 Like

This resolved the issue thanks

1 Like