Fresh install january 2020 - adding SSH/ SFTP source - sad face

Hi there,

Just done a fresh install with the latest and greatest version of OSMC.

Trying to setup a source for SSH/ SFTP.
As soon as I have finished filling in the required information - and choose OK.
I get a sad face - and reload of Kodi.

Here are the logs:

https://paste.osmc.tv/liziredowo

I was able to set up an SSH / SFTP source without Kodi crashing, so itā€™s probably something specific to your set-up or Vero4K+.

I did notice in your log repeated occurrences of messages, such as:

Feb 08 10:10:44 Dagligstue avahi-daemon[392]: Record [900EB301BBB6\064Dagligstue._raop._tcp.local        IN        TXT "txtvers=1" "cn=0,1" "ch=2" "ek=1" "et=0,1" "sv=false" "tp=UDP" "sm=false" "ss=16" "sr=44100" "pw=false" "vn=3" "da=true" "md=0,1,2" "am=Kodi,1" "vs=130.14" ; ttl=4500] not fitting in legacy unica
Feb 08 10:10:44 Dagligstue avahi-daemon[392]: Record [900EB301BBB6\064Dagligstue._raop._tcp.local        IN        SRV 0 0 36666 Dagligstue.local ; ttl=120] not fitting in legacy unicast packet, dropping.
Feb 08 10:10:44 Dagligstue avahi-daemon[392]: Record [Dagligstue.local        IN        A 192.168.1.59 ; ttl=120] not fitting in legacy unicast packet, dropping.
Feb 08 10:10:44 Dagligstue avahi-daemon[392]: Record [_xbmc-events._udp.local        IN        PTR Dagligstue._xbmc-events._udp.local ; ttl=4500] not fitting in legacy unicast packet, dropping.

I have no idea if itā€™s related to your problem ā€“ or whatā€™s causing these messages ā€“ but as far as SFTP is concerned I canā€™t reproduce your problem.

Well as mentioned - itā€™s a fresh install (ā€œfactory settingsā€ - no backup restored) - and I find it hard to believe that my setup is causing this issue.

I even made a fresh install twice - just to confirm that it would crash right out of the bat.

I too have skimmed the logs - but I canā€™t seem to find the smoking gun.

Edit: Typo

Hello,

I have the same issue here. I updated one of my osmc-clients last night and got the sad face whenever I was trying to access a sshfs path.
I did a clean install onto a new sdcard with a different raspberry 3+ than the one having problems.
As soon as I try to setup a sshfs source on the new pi kodi crashes with the sad face.

Edit: I just did another fresh install with the 2019-11 build. Sshfs is working without any crashes.
I am sticking with the old build for now.

1 Like

Thx for sharing @nobody333 - glad to hear Iā€™m not the only one experiencing this issue

Apologies. My January update to OSMC had a few problems, so, unknown to me, I was still on the previous version of Kodi.

I can confirm that Kodi does segfault when you try to add an SFTP source. This was on Vero4K but since @nobody333 reports similar (but not identical) behaviour on a Pi3, I assume it is not confined to the Vero4K.

cc @sam_nazarko

Could it be the old libssl 1.0 vs 1.1 problem?

Or perhaps this:
Unpacking libssl1.0.2:armhf (1.0.2u-1~deb9u1) over (1.0.2t-1~deb9u1)

On my Pi3, I reinstalled 2019.11, placed a hold on libssl1.0.2 and updated to January.

osmc@osmc:~$ dpkg -l "rbp2-mediacenter*" "libssl*"
Desired=Unknown/Install/Remove/Purge/Hold
| Status=Not/Inst/Conf-files/Unpacked/halF-conf/Half-inst/trig-aWait/Trig-pend
|/ Err?=(none)/Reinst-required (Status,Err: uppercase=bad)
||/ Name                                 Version                 Architecture            Description
+++-====================================-=======================-=======================-=============================================================================
hi  libssl1.0.2:armhf                    1.0.2t-1~deb9u1         armhf                   Secure Sockets Layer toolkit - shared libraries
ii  libssl1.1:armhf                      1.1.0l-1~deb9u1         armhf                   Secure Sockets Layer toolkit - shared libraries
ii  rbp2-mediacenter-osmc                18.5.0-4                armhf                   Media Center package for OSMC

Kodi still crashes.

FYI, I upgraded libssl1.0.2 to the latest version and reinstalled rbp2-mediacenter-osmc:18.5.0-1 (over 18.5.0-4). SFTP now works successfully.

I just checked the OSMC repo and Sam has already removed the previous Kodi package, rbp2-mediacenter-osmc:18.5.0-1. Thatā€™s a little bit keen. (BTW, I got mine from the APT archive directory /var/cache/apt/archives.)

We always replace (one in, one out) on APT ops with exception of the kernel.

Itā€™s hard to tell ā€“ but from what I can see, the next Kodi update should resolve this problem

Sam

My log wont generate so i need help what to do.
I get an html file contsing in the end?..
Thanks in advance

I moved your post here as I guess its the same problem. In regards to creating the log try to reboot twice

Yes the same. Did reobot twice same result.

Are you generating the log via MyOSMC or are you running grab-logs -A from the command line?

I guess the message means that the response to DNS was so large that it could not fit within the size limit of ā€œlegacyā€ DNS and would need EDNS. Basically the record in DNS is large. Iā€™m surprised that it would just drop such response and not handle it correctly by trying with DO=1 - or maybe it does but your log was cut too early?

Sorry Iā€™m not being very helpful but just wanted to explain what it means.

Hi

Iā€™ve had a similar crash using the SFTP VFS add-on. Seems that Kodi load the GUI fine, then once it tries to connect to the SFTP server it crashes. not sure how to enable further debugging than using the advancedseetings.xml debug setting - but last few lines always differ in the log - however consistently a few lines before the end is always :

2020-02-23 12:37:22.182 T:16646 INFO: AddOnLog: SFTP support: SFTPSession: Creating new session on host ā€˜sftp.enuffsaid.com:22ā€™ with user ā€˜bedroom-kodiā€™

Which shows as an attempted connection on the server but drops immediately.

Iā€™ve upgraded to master matrix to see if this issue is resolved in there and it doesnā€™t seem to be - still getting the same behaviour so is this dependency related in some way?

Full logs from master-matrix here: https://paste.osmc.tv/vupatajeke
Full logs from stable install here: https://paste.osmc.tv/cidasexasa

As a workaround, Iā€™d recommend mounting with SSHFS right now

Sam

Thanks Sam - Iā€™ll give it a go.

Just to confirm this occurred after the most recent upgrade - and Iā€™ve just tested it using a new install using 2020-01-01.

Looks to be if there is a call to the SFTP VFS add-on Kodi goes into a crash loop. If itā€™s a new install then on submitting the Source configuration using SFTP results in a crash as an attempt is made to connect for the first time. At this point no source is saved and kodi restarts and will run fine (as long as no further SFTP configs are entered).

For reference and just to illustrate other testing i have done (and not belittle my preference of OSMC or your hard work), this seems to work ok on the latest version of libreelec running on a pi3 and 4 - do you have any ideas what might be causing it? - really genuinely interested but donā€™t have the skills to help figure it out.

If you need any testing assistance just give me a nudge.