Fresh install january 2020 - adding SSH/ SFTP source - sad face

LibreELEC works a bit differently to OSMC which is based on Debian. So the way they handle dependencies like libSSH (which seems to be the issue) is a bit different.

I will see what the issue is and get it resolved.

Cheers

Sam

Thanks again :slight_smile:

I guessed there was more to the difference between the distros which might add to helping narrow it down. Thanks for replying.

Just popped in to say; Iā€™m having the same problem - never tried sftp before but Iā€™ve just got a server set up (and tested as working) and after enabling the sftp addon and as soon as I click ā€˜Okā€™ on creating a SFTP source on my Vero 4k+ (bought last year but recently updated) I get a ā€˜Sad Faceā€™ and reboot.

I havenā€™t logged anything but I notice someone mentioning a potential DNS problem - Iā€™m using an IP and no DNS resolution is involved with me.

Should be fixed in the next update. It turned out to be an issue with the binary add-on.

1 Like

Hello, just wanted to say that I have the same SFTP / SSH issue. Iā€™m using it to share films through internet as itā€™s far more easy to configure on router NATs than FTP (it uses one connection only)
Do you have an ETA of the update, just to know?
Itā€™s better to use SSHFS?

This is already fixed in the staging repository.

Hey Sam, updated to 2020.03-1 a RPi 3, trying to add a SFTP source as I did some time ago but no luck again, sad face. Using SFTP Support plugin 1.0.5 (last version) by spiff. Should I produce a log or you missed something in the release?
Thank you in advance,
Henrik

Iā€™m confused by this.
You should use the version that ships with OSMC instead.

Yes, thatā€™s the version that ships with OSMC, Iā€™ve found in add-ins with a disabled status, Iā€™ve enabled it and the option to configure a SSH/SFTP source was there.
This is the addin Iā€™m talking about:

If I disable it no option to add a SFTP source, Iā€™m doing something wrong?
Iā€™m getting same behavior of the January update, sad face as soon as I press OK in the add source dialog.
Maybe is there a faster / more convenient way of sharing my library to a friend through internet (no FTP, I want one port only)?
Thank you in advance,
Henrik

You could use SSHFS for now. I canā€™t reproduce the crash here. I have made sure we have upgraded to a version of the add-on without this issue.

SSHFS is ok as a workaround for me. But I want to help you understand this problem so that you can fix it. Not everyone is able to use SSHFS, expecially when automounting.
The version of the addon was 1.0.5 with January update and 1.0.5 with March update, no difference.
Itā€™s the same as the latest version on the Kodi v18 repository, the latest in spiffā€™s GitHub Project
Iā€™ve tried to generate a log with debug activated but the only relevant thing is in the kodi log, before crashing:
INFO: AddOnLog: SFTP support: SFTPSession: Creating new session on host 'removed_address:1234' with user 'removed_username'

If someone has an alternative to share over internet my film and TV series to a friendā€¦ please point me to a solution :slight_smile:

openvpn

Still same problem for me aswellā€¦

Can you please upload some logs so I can check SSL version?

Plex can do this.

Will try to do this today. Iā€™ll be backā€¦

Cant generate log. Tried different things all come upp with in the endā€¦

I donā€™t what this means. What have you tried to generate a log?

Through terminal and My OSMC.
Https://paste.osmc.tv/.

Reboot twice, perform steps to demonstrate the issue, upload logs by myosmc or command line. There should be no issue accomplishing this.