Fresh install january 2020 - adding SSH/ SFTP source - sad face

Did 3 reboots still same issue…

Then you may have larger problems. A complete reinstall may be the best option as there is no reason why log uploading should not function. There are no other reports of such an issue.

It is a clean install. Guess i have to make one more then…:frowning:

New clean install. Same sad face…
Log now!
Https://paste.osmc.tv/lemamagupi

Hi,

Sorry to say this, but the logs empty. Have you installed any addons or is a vanilla install?

Thanks Tom.

When i check all configs and logs i dont get a valid adress…

Again empty. Can you advise EXACTLY all the steps you are talking to enable debug and submit logs?

In Kodi system settings, you should NOT enable any additional logging functions EXCEPT debug logging. You should then use myosmc to upload all logs or alternatively grab-logs -A From command line.

Debbuging Kodi. Restart. Follow steps to error, then crash. Restart and my OSMC generate log.

What is the output of ls -lah .kodi/temp/?

I don’t know how you get a 14M log in 15 minutes on a clean install but if you reboot and then immediately reboot again, and then at the terminal run paste-log ~/.kodi/temp/kodi.old.log that may give us a clue.

https://paste.osmc.tv/camekeyixe

If i do a fresh install from a year bavk or so it is working like a charm…

The last log you provide shows that you pressed the down key till power menu and entered it, there you moved 1x down and 1x up and pressed OK which is “Exit” in the power menu …? I’m just counting the remote control key handles …

https://paste.osmc.tv/ituximerag

Better?

What causes the crash? Please provide some context.

Trying connecting to SFTP as described higher up in the topic.

Thanks.

I just updated my Vero 4k+ (as of 3 Apr 2020) with, I presume, March’s release and I immediately tested creating a SFTP source.

Same result as ever, sad face and immediate reboot.

Some of the team can reproduce the problem but I don’t have any ideas on how to resolve this.

Hi Sam

I noticed this seems to be a bit of an issue. There are 2 threads that related to updates to the SFTP module that relate to updating it to include the ability to sort by date - as it had been removed in the code for some reason. I had noted this error a while back and contributed to the thread in terms of general feedback. Once the code had been merged I noticed that the errors seemed to start then. I don’t know if this is related but it might be a place to start? can’t guarantee it’s all in the right context etc but any clues are better than none I hope :slight_smile:

for the record, I updated to the latest version of OSMC and it immediately borked, sad face as soon as a read is made to the SFTP source (whatever the first read on startup is when a library is configured) as it’s an add on - it’s difficult to disable without messing around in the DB so for those of us who have a “bit” of linux and Kodi knowledge is basically “rebuild” time).