Frustrations with vero 4k

The irony is that I’m 100% sure his problem is with mounting the drive using kodi instead of fstab. I saw and experienced that so many times that’s almost a no brainer.

Copying the file over should take a few minutes and is just to rule out 1 aspect. But we can’t force people to troubleshoot…

Did you try NFS-mount via Kodi? It’s much easier to setup on the Kodi side and needs just a little daemon running on windows, linux server and NAS work with integrated NFS.
I have no issues running high bitrate 4K-HDR movies with several HD audiotracks from my windows machine.

No because thats sounds more promising…
With my zidoo i play every 4k movie over smb without any issue, why does vero has problems then? Its the same network? Please answer this one.

But hey, ok, i will copy over the file and play it over usb drive
After that i do a fresh install…
Hopefully things will be fixed then

Sam i appreciate your help, hope we can fix all my stuff/frustrations

Sam,

I tried local playback first.
Tried 3d and the 4k one that gave problems
no problems at all with playback

now what?

Should i try clean install first?

This means you have a network issue as originally suspected.

Using an fstab based mount is probably the best option.

See Configuring fstab based Samba share mounts. This should cover everything in detail.

3 Likes

ok will try
so i dont need to change anything at (unraid) server side
nor do i need to change at emby side? (i use emby as frontend for kodi to populate movies data base’)

First problem i encounter is when i use puty it says “network error connection refused” lol

Are you using the correct IP address?

yes lol

Did you enabled SSH when you originally installed the device?

not sure
i bought the device from someone else
i can see it also in my windows explorer and can browse it however i dont see a map /etc/fstab
if i browse to that ip adress its not reachable
strange

Check under MyOSMC - App Store

If you bought the device from someone else the first thing I would do is reinstall OSMC as you do not know what state they left the device in.

SSH server was stopped
i enabled it
i saw samba server is stopped too
is that the issue? should it be enabled?

Yes ! i can connect now

No, not related to your issue.
But as Sam mentioned start with a clean install

1 Like

im not sure to do this fstab thing
i need to add my shares and stuff, but in my case , kodi doesnt populate the movie db, but emby does

does this have anything to do with it?
cause i dont wanna mess things up

before i try that , i should do fresh install but how
i followed the link and downloaded for windows but now it asks me where to install on sd card on usb… but nothing like on vero 4k lol

how do i do this

i cant select “on usb stick” during install
although there is one in

You don’t need to. Just select the USB on the next step.

ok just did a reinstall

guess what
all my problems are gone (i think, have to watch movies to be sure))

However

• 4k movies dont stutter anymore, even on smb (even with mad max) no need to setup fstab (like i thought)
    -3d movies, no more problems so far (need to check complete movie to be sure)
  • even downloading subtitles now work !!, didnt before

so hopefully , all are gone :stuck_out_tongue:

only thing left but as i mentioned in opening post, this is not something vero can fix, cause its a kodi “bug” but kodi cant move pgs subtitles, so vero cant either

huge mistake that, since zidoo can
But at least now i can download subtitles which are moveable now :slight_smile: (hopefully always in sync)

1 Like

That’s good to hear.

The guy before you probably sold it due to playback issues, that ironically would have been fixed with a reinstallation.

You may still experience some problems with high bitrate 4K content on SMB via Kodi