Green screen after fast forwarding several times

So this green screen really started to cause havoc for my children.
I have to SSH in and reboot it for them to fix it.
But then of course once it’s back up they want to skip forward to where they were before and the green screen comes back.
Quite the viscous cycle.
So I updated to the staging release and I have to say they haven’t had another issue since.
Good job team OSMC!

Also now seeing this issue after running the new version for a while. I’ve just installed the staging update to see if it fixes it.

I was actually seeing two issues new to the latest release:

1. Showed up first - black screen for the first few seconds after a resolution/refresh rate switch from the menu.
  2. Green screen on some videos after skipping forward, or even on video start.

Fingers crossed the staging repo fixes these.

It does - this has been confirmed by multiple users.

1 Like

fixed for me too by the looks of it

This fix will be made available via the October update which is scheduled for 30/10.

1 Like

Hi folks, greetz from germany. I have followed the instructions for solving a freeze with green screen issue. Okay it worked fine, but since then I have a new issue. A smallone but annoying. Ihave used trakt for a long time and the database is still reachable from the addon, but the evaluation screen does not open anymore after watching. It just posts the standard eval into the trakt database. Has anyone met this issue, too?

There’s no need to do anything to solve the green screen issue. The issue has already been merged and fixed as part of OSMC’s October update.

Have you tried reporting this to the Trakt TV forum? I don’t think this will be an OSMC issue

Thanks

Sam