HDMI-CEC is not working

Hi
(Forgot the two box questions for the moment)
It’s right when I boot the Vero2 box CEC works, with the Write failed message
13:20:11 T:3031539712 NOTICE: Register - new cec device registered on cec->Amlogic: CEC Adapter (0000:0000)

13:20:14 T:3031539712 NOTICE: starting upnp client
13:20:14 T:2664563696 NOTICE: ES: Starting UDP Event server on 127.0.0.1:9777
13:20:14 T:2664563696 NOTICE: UDP: Listening on port 9777
13:20:22 T:2647786480 NOTICE: Start - EPG thread started
13:20:22 T:2957145072 ERROR: CecLogMessage - Write: write failed !
13:20:23 T:2815558640 ERROR: Previous line repeats 1 times.

For some minutes/hours. (Not easy to tell you something, I can find nothing in the log with debug or not) it’s works fine

And suddently …the CEC remote are lazy, you push a bottom nothing happen, you push another time, it’s ok , sometime you push another time nothing, and suddenly CEC remote “wake up” and execute the command (or some commands more). and you don’t see what you want…
In prod conditions , i take the IRC remote to do what I want. It’s works the most of time … (see it later)
When I go back to the CEC Remote, it’s works , but sometime has lost (change) some key functions, wasn’t more the same like in the beginning. And after some ??? time CEC don’t works any more. (After reboot it’s ok).
From the tablet Kore works always fine.
I know it’s a “bad” user report, perhaps you can pick something.
I’ve try to clean my log file, some nfs messages. But nothing change for Kodi, only in Synology NAS I can disable the user group “everyone”,
For the moment i (and my wife) can live with.
I try to understand, but if you have some ideas…
Merci
Michael

I can give you a new kernel to try tomorrow afternoon if you don’t mind testing out a couple of kernels.

This indicates buffer (or buffer polling) issues.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi Sam
I think you are right. Perhaps something to do with the TV screen save mode. I try some options in the TV Bravia settings.
No pb for the kernel test for friday afternoon, for the week-end it’s more difficult, but I can do more monday morning.
Merci
Michael

I installed vero2-image-3.10.101-5-osmc and OSMC/Kodi is recognized by my Sony Bravia.

The only problem is: every input from my TV remote is recognized as “left” or “right” in Kodi and sometimes it recognizes button presses (back-button, it seems) without me pressing any buttons (remote isn’t even near me)

Logs Files

Edit: disabling CEC adapter has no effect on the ghost button presses^^ I’m scared now.

Hi

This is still being worked on.

Does the issue only occur when you turn the TV off or switch the source and then switch it back to the Vero?

Sam

Hi! I just wanted to let you know, that with the latest update, CEC is working perfectly! :slight_smile:

Hi
For me also (with May update) it’s much better. Now the CEC remote control (Sony) works without disconnect two or three days.

Thanks
Michael

1 Like

hello

for me it is not working at all… it worked sometimes before march update if I did a reboot, then stopped working after few minutes.
Now with the lastest two updates its not working anymore…
I have kernel 3.10.101-7 installed and using the remote from my yamaha rx-v673 Reciever.
Here my log:
http://paste.osmc.io/neronoxuya

cheers , matt

Now ten days the CEC remote (Vero2 +Sony TV) work’s without problem.
Thank you Sam and the team

Michael

I have also an issue with CEC. I have PJ Espon 5030 connected to Yamaha RX-V771 AV via HDMI1 input. Epsom also have hdmi2 and wireless hd video inputs, but nothing is connected to them currently.

Several sources are connected to Yamaha: Vero2 to HDMI1, Sat box to HDMI2, kodi@rpi3 to HDMI3, Roku4 to HDMI4 and Nvidia Tv Shield to HDMI5.

All sources are configured to activate AV input on start. So, when I turn on Kodi, Yamaha’s input is switched to kodi(HDMI3), when I turn on Nvidia, Yamaha is switched to it and so on. I did not let sources to control Epson input, it always set to AV Yamaha.

All sources works just fine.

Except Vero2. When I turn it on, instead of switching Yamaha to HDMI1, it switches Espon to Wireless HD input. Yamaha input is not changed at all.

My current settings of Vero2 CEC;

Enabled - on
Switch source to this device - on
Device to power on during startup - none
Device to power off during shutdown - none
Send ‘inactive source’ on shutdown - on
Put devices in standby mode on scrensaver - on
Wake devices on deactivating screensaver - on
When TV is switched off - suspend
Devices to also put in standby mode - off
Use tv language - off
When switching to another source - pause playback
Physical address - 0 (also tried 1)

And besides, ‘physical address (HDMI port)’ does not survives OSMC reboots. Looks like it always resets to 0 after reboot.

Did you try removing all the other HDMI connected devices to see if Vero behaves properly when it’s the only device connected?

Hi

The Vero 2 is configured as a Player, but most libCEC devices are set up as a Recorder. This configuration is done in U-Boot by the SoC vendor, so we keep it this way.

We can adjust U-Boot to not try and initialise CEC if you would like. This will alow Vero 2 to stop taking over the TV.

Sam

What I want it to make AVR switch to corresponded inputs when I turn on source devices. So, disabling CEC on Vero is not a good choice for me.

Here is what Epson PJ thinks about connected devices (HDMI Link Menu).

First “kodi” is Kodi@RPi3 and second “kodi” is Vero2. For some strange reason Projector thinks the Vero2 is connected to its WirelessHD input. But it is really nothing connected to WirelessHD and all sources connected via the AV throu HDMI1 input.

As you can see, Roku4, Vero2, and Nvidia Tv Shield define themself as “Player”, but Roku and Shield work as expected. Below is the scheme of the actual connections.

Could we investigate it further? Is it possible to find out which CEC commands the Vero sends to AV when it start to play the movies?

Hi

The system journal may give you some clues as to your CEC issue, as the logging there is quite verbose.

I would remove all other devices and see if the on screen display still shows this incorrect source to start with.

I will prepare a U-Boot update which may improve the behaviour here and let you know when that is ready for testing.

Thanks

Sam