HDMI-CEC seems to stop working after a couple of hours

Sadly it still plays up on my latest setup :disappointed:

I only have one possible solution (in my mind) left.
Give me a couple of days.

1 Like

Any joy Sam the man?

It’s not forgotten. I can’t reliably test it but I will make testing available to you shortly.

1 Like

Done what I can…

To test this update:

1. Login via the command line
  2. Run the following command to add the staging repository:
    echo 'deb http://apt.osmc.tv bullseye-devel main' | sudo tee /etc/apt/sources.list.d/osmc-devel.list
  3. Run the following commands to update: sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade && reboot
  4. Your system should have have received the update.

Please see if the issue is resolved.

I also recommend you remove /etc/apt/sources.list.d/osmc-devel.list after updating.

This will deactivate the staging repository. You can do so with the following command:
sudo rm /etc/apt/sources.list.d/osmc-devel.list.

Please note that we will automatically disable this update channel after 14 days on your device in case you forget to do so to ensure that your system reverts to the stable update channel.

3 Likes

ok
I’ve installed that update.
Will see how it goes and report back.

1 Like

For me, that update bricked CEC completely for the vero4k. I cannot control the volume for my soundbar from my vero remote and the TV doesn’t turn on/off anymore

Did you power down everything from the mains after updating for a couple of minutes?

Yes, also changed some CEC settings in kodi but nothing so far

Some logs would help, otherwise I will revert the changes back (little feedback here but want to release an update soon) and draw a line under it.

I have sent you some logs via message

Update from me is that CEC has stopped working.

Please try and keep settings consistent. Introducing more variables is not good.

I can see the cause for CEC not working.
Can you try updating as suggested above and giving some feedback?

CEC is working again, awesome! :slight_smile: But I need a few days to confirm whether your changes stabilized it over time.

Applied this 5 days ago, did have HDMI CEC on the Vero completely stop working about a day in (other systems continue to work), but a power cycle to the Vero since appears to have restored HDMI CEC controls.

No issues with HDMI CEC to report so far… :slight_smile: :crossed_fingers:

After applying the above update I am hoping everyone does a cold start (so everything is powered down from the mains)

Sam

1 Like

I hadn’t initially done a full power cycle, but I have done two since then (electrical work in the house so EVERYTHING was off twice in 2-days). Those FULL power cycles were on Friday & Saturday.
It is still working this morning (Monday). Will report back in a few days, or earlier if anything changes.

Still working ok this morning (Tuesday), but I need to turn the power circuit off in the house again later today, so will be another power cycle.

Is it behaving longer than usual for you?

It was…!!
Following today’s house power cycle, CEC hasn’t worked and I get an unhappy face on the blue screen when the Vero 4k restarts.
Log:
https://paste.osmc.tv/vewuwowabi

Edit:
a “Reboot” didn’t bring CEC back, but a “Power off system” then remove power and a wait before repowering has returned CEC.

I’ll see how it goes.