Help osmc and lightpack

Hello everyone.
I’m new in pi world.
It is the first time that I try to use this type of software and I need help.
I have a raspberry ft 2 and would like to use it with a kit lightpack.
But I do not know how to do since the product site recommends the use of raspbmc not supported on ft 2, and boblightd not present on OSMC.
What could I do about it? Thank you in advance and sorry for my english.

Device: Rasp Pi 2,
Ram: 1024
Installation media: SDcard
Connection: Wired
Power Supply Type: original
Peripherals: keyboard
OSMC version: last version
Audio/Video Output: HDMI
Overclocked: no

Hyperion + Lightpack.eu = PROFIT

thanks for the reply.
I’m looking at some guide on how to install Hyperion. But not knowing all the Linux world I’m in trouble and I do not know where you should start.
I currently have installed OSMC, I read that to install Hyperion I enter this command line …

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get installare libqtcore4 libqtgui4 libqt4-network libusb-1,0-0 ca-certificates
wget -N https: // crudo .github.com / tvdzwan / Hyperion / master / bin / install_hyperion .sh
sudo sh. / install_hyperion .sh

But where? in what way?
And then, how do I set it up to run lights lightpack?
I hope you can help me thank you very much.

Thank You.
Meanwhile I have followed this guide.

I connected the raspberry with putty, and I entered the command lines as does driving.

It is the right procedure. Now I just bisgono connecting the kit to lightpack TV?
I have to set it up to make it work?
Excuse me, but I’m really in trouble.
Thank You

First off which lightpack did u buy that would make it easier to help you give us a direct link also did you download the manual for the lightpack and read it ?

If you follow that guide, with the systemd change, the service will not startup.
The change I made is running it as root instead of the osmc user, atleast until I find a solution for it.

Toast,
Sorry but I did not understand what you mean … I wonder if there a guide on the site lightpack? I’ve read this.

link guide

Theetjuh

I’m sorry too, but my English is poor.
What do you mean, systemd change?

So it is not correct follow these steps of the guide?

Thanks

You can follow the guide, but I needed to change one thing to get it all working at the point:
Next we create hyperion.service file and put that in /etc/systemd/system

I needed to change User= and Group= to the following:
User=root
Group=root

@Theetjuh i didn’t change any systemd files in order to get my lightpack running at all

@pezio where did u buy your lightpack ?

Hmmm so you got hyperion running as ‘osmc’ user?
I’ve replied to your post in another topic, linked below with error messages etc.

Continuing the discussion from RPI2 + Hyperion + OSMC:

Thanks.
Today I try to do as you wrote . Then continuing the discussion in that post ?
I bought the lightpack the official site

I try for the 4th time… but nothing…
i post here…

enter link description here

I’ve made my ambilight clone with ws2801 Led strip and have a problem too. My hyperion server is running. I can Notice that from Android app which Indicate “server synchronized” but when i play some content it is not working i have a one, sometimes 2 leds from stripe on begining shining on white/white pink. When i play some efekt from Android app, nothing happening, can you point me, where i should Look for my bad?

Edit
I figure it out, with help of other topic, it is necessary to activate spi in boot/config.Txt

Hi @Toast and @sam_nazarko I did a reinstall today for testing Jarvis and installed Hyperion again using this guide, but it seems that hyperion doesn’t seem to run because it can’t find the lightpack like seen from the log I replied to.

Do you guys have a solution for this?

In the meanwhile I let it run as ‘root’ … but if it is not needed … rather as ‘osmc’.

i know how to do it just not for atv.

I got a RPi2 :smiley:

thats not really contributing to this thread since its how to connect to an ATV not RPI2

Is it? I think you need to read the thread again then … cause that is another one :stuck_out_tongue:

why are we resurrecting old thread now ?