Helping installing sab & radarr

Hi,

Trying to reinstall these on the V but running into some issues. I run into error about version. I installed the arm version but speaking to Radarr folk on discord they say only the 64bit version will run - there’s no longer support for 32 bit.

The other issue, is when trying to install Sabnzbd, I cannot successfully install cryptography as it says I do not have Rust. I have tried to install rust but it hangs on installing.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

We will move to AArch64 user land next year.

For now you could run it in a Docker environment.

1 Like

Hi. Am trying to install Docker on the V. Could you share your script please as I’m running into some issues?

I’ll share it as is, I still haven’t tested the raspberry pi(3&4) yet. I know there was some issues, with pi but i got it working flawlessly on on Vero4&5.

Tell me if you need more instructions.

1 Like

Thanks for that. Trying to run it but I must have a failed install from before which I can’t work out how to delete. ANy idea, please?

`Warning: the “docker” command appears to already exist on this system.
You may press Ctrl+C now to abort this script or wait 30 seconds
and the script will try to uninstall docker:arm64.

• sleep 20`

Well the script should try to uninstall the current docker, but if that fails this is what you could do manually:

of memory only:

sudo apt-get remove containerd.io docker-ce docker-ce-cli docker-buildx-plugin docker-compose-plugin

or if you have “dpkg -i ” with loose packages

sudo dpkg -remove <package_name>

Super. That got it. Run into this now though.

• sh -c ‘apt-get update -qq >/dev/null’
  • sh -c ‘DEBIAN_FRONTEND=noninteractive apt-get install -y -qq apt-transport-https ca-certificates curl >/dev/null’
  • sh -c ‘install -m 0755 -d /etc/apt/keyrings’
  • sh -c ‘curl -fsSL “https://download.docker.com/linux/debian/gpg” | gpg --dearmor --yes -o /etc/apt/keyrings/docker.gpg’
  • sh -c ‘chmod a+r /etc/apt/keyrings/docker.gpg’
  • sh -c ‘echo “deb [arch=arm64 signed-by=/etc/apt/keyrings/docker.gpg] Index of linux/debian/ bullseye stable” > /etc/apt/sources.list.d/docker.list’
    W: Target Packages (stable/binary-all/Packages) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:9 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/docker.list:1
    W: Target Translations (stable/i18n/Translation-en) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:9 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/docker.list:1
    W: Target Packages (stable/binary-all/Packages) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:9 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/docker.list:1
    W: Target Translations (stable/i18n/Translation-en) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:9 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/docker.list:1
  • sh -c ‘DEBIAN_FRONTEND=noninteractive apt-get install -y -qq docker-ce docker-ce-cli containerd.io docker-compose-plugin docker-ce-rootless-extras docker-buildx-plugin >/dev/null’
    E: Package ‘containerd.io’ has no installation candidate

I commented those out but am getting:

• sh -c ‘DEBIAN_FRONTEND=noninteractive apt-get install -y -qq apt-transport-https ca-certificates curl >/dev/null’
  • sh -c ‘install -m 0755 -d /etc/apt/keyrings’
  • sh -c ‘curl -fsSL “https://download.docker.com/linux/debian/gpg” | gpg --dearmor --yes -o /etc/apt/keyrings/docker.gpg’
  • sh -c ‘chmod a+r /etc/apt/keyrings/docker.gpg’
  • sh -c ‘echo “deb [arch=arm64 signed-by=/etc/apt/keyrings/docker.gpg] Index of linux/debian/ bullseye stable” > /etc/apt/sources.list.d/docker.list’
  • sh -c ‘DEBIAN_FRONTEND=noninteractive apt-get install -y -qq docker-ce docker-ce-cli containerd.io docker-compose-plugin docker-ce-rootless-extras docker-buildx-plugin >/dev/null’
    E: Package ‘containerd.io’ has no installation candidate

I’ll try top run it on my non dockerd Vero too, right now. Standby

1 Like
<15:43:16>-=[osmc@vero5tv:~]=-  sudo ./docker_arm64_installer_for_OSMC.sh
+ sh -c 'apt-get update -qq >/dev/null'
+ sh -c 'DEBIAN_FRONTEND=noninteractive apt-get install -y -qq apt-transport-https ca-certificates curl gnupg >/dev/null'
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)
+ sh -c 'install -m 0755 -d /etc/apt/keyrings'
+ sh -c 'curl -fsSL "https://download.docker.com/linux/debian/gpg" | gpg --dearmor --yes -o /etc/apt/keyrings/docker.gpg'
+ sh -c 'chmod a+r /etc/apt/keyrings/docker.gpg'
+ sh -c 'echo "deb [arch=arm64 signed-by=/etc/apt/keyrings/docker.gpg] https://download.docker.com/linux/debian bullseye stable" > /etc/apt/sources.list.d/docker.list'
+ sh -c 'apt-get update -qq >/dev/null'
+ sh -c 'DEBIAN_FRONTEND=noninteractive apt-get install -y -qq docker-ce docker-ce-cli containerd.io docker-compose-plugin docker-ce-rootless-extras docker-buildx-plugin >/dev/null'
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)
Thank you for using this installer, remember it can uninstall for you too.
<15:44:30>-=[osmc@vero5tv:~]=-  sudo docker

Usage:  docker [OPTIONS] COMMAND

A self-sufficient runtime for containers

Common Commands:
  run         Create and run a new container from an image
  exec        Execute a command in a running container
  ps          List containers

I do see some errors but docker runs, I don’t have time right now to check it out. But i’ll make a note of them.

edit 1:guessing that the first error being some package already installed like curl, second one is a bit more confusing.

edit 2: could be some previously unconfigured package… having to many deb based systems to interact with makes you a bit blind of which machine had unconfigured packages

edit 3: yes had issues with openjdk needs to be configured, tried with a simple apt-get install saytime

1 Like

I used another tutorial online and installed okay. Thanks anyhow

All roads lead to Rome, as long as you get there and are happy. Who cares?

:smiley: I’m happy that it worked but it seems most images don’t support armhf anymore :confused:

But since kernel is aarch64, when the docker is arm64, the vero kernel kan run it without issues. Never had issue yet, but i don’t run intensive apps, I have simple webservices on the Vero. Anything more mem or cpu intesive i have some old laptops and mini-pc’s

Just came across your post here in fact: Support for 64bit docker containers - #16 by joakim_s

I’m just looking to run sabnzbd and a few -arrs. They ran fine on my 4k, without docker, so don’t get why they won’t run on the V.

Maybe they were older versions and the requirements changed.

Actually Joakim. I had installed 32bit which is of no use. Tried to follow instructions in the other thread but couldn’t so if you were able to get the script working for me, it would be very much appreciated.

Ignore the above - ran the script again and all installed fine this time :?

Pinn 73 could you let me know which one you used please.

None of yo got it working with my script??

Not tried yet, will try tomorrow, but just wanted a backup option.
Will let you know if I can get it working.