Hifiberry digi+ not sound

Hello.
After June update the hifiberry seems doesn’t work. After play video the audio is not heard.

here is the total debugging

https://paste.osmc.tv/ipelokopiy

Thanks a Lot.
raspberry Pi2 with Hify berry digit+ card

Does it work without passthrough?

Yes without passthrough it works but the sound is not Dolby Digital 5.1…

OK. I don’t really know what happened in the June update to Pi but I’ll have a look at it.

Unless @sam_nazarko has the answer.

1 Like

Thanks @grahamh I’ll wait then
Bye

It’s not necessarily something specific to the June update. The device had previously been updated back in January, so anything in between might be the cause:

End-Date: 2018-01-13  22:25:25

Start-Date: 2018-06-09  15:22:01

So the 4.14 update?

Excuse me but I don’t understand the question…

The question was directed at @dillthedog. I think the RPi kernel was updated earlier this year to version 4.14. That may have caused the change in behaviour. There’s a thread on that update. [TESTING] Linux 4.14 kernel for Raspberry Pi

Hi.
Anything news?
Someone have a possible soluzione?
Thanks

This is almost certainly an issue specific to your hardware or software configuration. If this was due to the June update then there would be dozens of reports.

1 Like

Hi,

Its going to be hard to pin point the issue, being as the last time you updated prior to June; was January.

All I can suggest is to try a fresh a install with the June image and see if the hifiberry is now working correctly. If not I advise doing a fresh install of all images Feb through till May, till you find the point of failure and report back.

Please make a backup of your setup, before proceeding with these suggestions.

Thanks Tom.

1 Like

Ok thanks @ActionA and @Tom_Doyle
Could YouTube Remember me how can i make a backup of my setup?

Hi,

You can make backups via MyOsmc. for your kodi config.

Thanks Tom.

1 Like

But does It backup also the library?

The library database, yes.

2 Likes