Horrible skin in osmc 17

When I found osmc for the first time i was very happy. But is not possible after each upgrade solved some general problems. sorry.

It is time to change system.

OK – good luck.

Without logs or any debug information, we can’t help you. I suspect you have some problem with your hardware or setup, because it is very rare for updates to introduce regressions and they are thoroughly tested before publication.

1 Like

Well, this is a typical example of: I want it all and do not want to read before I apply the upgrades.
Me too I have 5 Devices at home, and 4 Girls at home. Trust me, these are the worst “customes” you can have.
As soon as something does not run as “expected”, you get figuratively lynched by the family :smiley:

Thing is however, if you really deal with that since 1982, you should know there is a “Netiquette” out on the net, especially on things to say and what not to say, and if you absolutely have to say something anyway, do it the right way.

Good luck in your new endeavour, and may our paths don’t cross again. (This, from a user who tries to figure out why something does not work).

8 Likes

I don’'t want to do any problems for people from team,. From yestearday i installed libreelec and works perfectlly.
fortunatelly.

Hi, would it be possible for someone to direct me to another thread where this issue is being discussed please? It was mentioned that there were other posts regarding this issue but sadly I haven’t been able to find one that mirrors my own issue as well as this one, but the conversation looks to have gotten a bit bent out of shape here.

For what it’s worth when I enable Confluence and restart my Pi3 I find that my custom background image has been removed, recently added videos/albums are re-enabled and the first use message appears when using the left side nav menu.

Would be interested in helping troubleshoot some more if I can.

I assume you refer to loosing your skin settings

Thank you! Will have a trawl through that and see if I get anywhere.

It will be fixed by the weekend :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Awesome, thanks for the hard work. Now I just need to work out how to get visualisations back in Krypton.

You mean the visualisations from popcornmix? I think you just need to re-enable his repository in addons settings.

Tried that, getting a can’t connect error. Just having a look to see if anyone else is having issues now.

Enabling the repo works for me, so maybe provide debug logs after trying to reenable them.

by “enabling the repo” do you just mean getting the popcornmix repo zip and installing it or is there something else to be done? I have allowed unknown sources if that has any bearing.

It should still be installed. Go to installed in user addons and it should be greyed out.
Klick on it and choose enable.

Popcornmix Add-ons is showing as enabled in “My addons” (Version 1.0.0). Still don’t get any entry for visualisations under “Look and Feel”.

You need to enable the addons themselves. Not just the repository.

Go to settings -> addon browser -> install from repo -> Popcornmix add-ons and enable add ons from there.

I’m getting a can’t connect to repo error if I attempt to enter the Popcornmix addons repo.

I don’t believe there are any addons installed to enable at the moment.

The URLs look valid in our XML file which brings them in:

+<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
+<addon id="repository.popcornmix" name="Popcornmix Add-ons" version="1.0.0" provider-name="popcornmix">
+    <extension point="xbmc.addon.repository" name="Popcornmix Add-ons">
+               <info compressed="true">https://github.com/popcornmix/repository.popcornmix.storage/raw/master/addons.xml</info>
+               <checksum>https://github.com/popcornmix/repository.popcornmix.storage/raw/master/addons.xml.md5</checksum>
+               <datadir zip="true">https://raw.githubusercontent.com/popcornmix/repository.popcornmix.storage/master/</datadir>
+       </extension>
+       <extension point="xbmc.addon.metadata">
+               <summary>Popcornmix Add-ons</summary>
+               <summary lang="en">Popcornmix Add-ons</summary>
+               <description>Repository of add-ons by Popcornmix. Add-ons in alpha and beta status are here to test exclusively and for testers to provide them with upd$
+               <platform>all</platform>
+       </extension>
+</addon>

CC @popcornmix