How playing iso files

I would like to know how to play iso files because I cant
Thanks

As I explained, you need to post some debug logs.

Currently we don’t know if you’re playing encrypted files, whether they’re DVD or BD ISOs or what is occurring when you try to play them.

To get a better understanding of the problem you are experiencing we need more information from you. The best way to get this information is for you to upload logs that demonstrate your problem. You can learn more about how to submit a useful support request here.

Depending on the used skin you have to set the settings-level to standard or higher, in summary:

• enable debug logging at settings->system->logging

• reboot the OSMC device twice(!)

• reproduce the issue

• upload the log set (all configs and logs!) either using the Log Uploader method within the My OSMC menu in the GUI or the ssh method invoking command grab-logs -A

• publish the provided URL from the log set upload, here

Thanks for your understanding. We hope that we can help you get up and running again shortly.

OSMC skin screenshot:

Ok thanks, I will try to play an iso file and put the logs

Logs
https://paste.osmc.tv/olicilonov

You seem to be trying to stream an ISO from a remote web server

Have you tried local playback to rule out a problem with the stream? Maybe you can try with a local ISO

Sam

Yes not playing locally too

I downloaded a small iso test video it’s playing

That tells us then that there is a problem with the other ISO that you are trying to play. Have you tried it on a PC to see if it plays OK there?

Not yet , tried a video and and SCAD iso both were not working on kodi

Is the ISO encrypted?
Is it a 4K BD ISO or from a DVD?

For some BD ISOs the menus won’t work if they are Java but the videos themselves will play.

BD ISOs that are encrypted need some additional steps to get working.

Sam

The first one is dvd , the second one is audio album ( it says path invalid or not found)
I cant tell if its encrypted or not sorry

The SACD addon is not one of the default addons available in kodi. You would need to build it yourself. (or convince a dev to build it for OSMC)

I’m not sure about the current status for it, (eg, if it currently actually works for iso images)

note, kodi does play .dsf files by default, so your best bet may be to simply rip the SACDs.

Personally, I rip all my SACDs to flac because that’s just easier to tag with metadata.

I might give a stab at compiling it [for vero 4k] (I’ve got a few other binary addons such as visualizations and some other audio plugins on my repo)

Have you verified that the iso files (from what may be a shady warez http site) are actually legit iso’s? and not malware trojans?

1 Like

Not verified, both iso files downloaded from different sources, I will try other iso
Thanks

Thanks for explanation, I don’t have an experience do build addons :grin:
If you know if this addon available somewhere please tell me
Thanks

I’ll include the SACD add-on shortly by default.

Thanks where it will be available?

Under Add-ons.

1 Like

When the add-on will be available?
Thanks