How playing iso files

Likely with the next Kodi release

Iā€™ve now added this to 4.9 test builds.
It will be in the next stable Kodi build too.

Sam

Ok thanks

FYI: apparently this is the new, preferred official SACD add-on (the vfs.sacd one is deprecated): GitHub - xbmc/audiodecoder.sacd: Super Audio CD ISO-Image decoder addon

Only for Kodi Matrix and later.

1 Like

Hi,
I
Iā€™ve stupid question about VFS SACD support. Where can I enable it?

I use vero 4K+ and osmc in version:

osmc@osmc:~$ dpkg -l | grep mediacenter-osmc
ii  vero3-mediacenter-osmc               18.8.0-3                            armhf        Media Center package for OSMC

My OSMC Add-on repository is in version 9.9.11.

It is installed but disabled. You would go to add-ons>add-on browser (package icon)>my add-ons>virtual filesystems>SACD ISO support and then you just need to open its info page and click on the enable option.

Thanks for reply. I found it.

Is the m-ch iso supported? I hear noise from MCH SACD and sound from 2CH iso?

Should be. I donā€™t have a multichannel iso to test with but I can play dsf in surround with either PAPlayer or VideoPlayer.

MCH DSF is working.

Playback of ISO works flawlessley as long as the source is stereo. If itā€™s multichannel only warbling is heardā€¦

I found this:

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=106329&pid=2787648#pid2787648

I see. It looks like there is no solution for Kodi 18 Leia with the vfs sacd iso add-on but it looks to be supported in Kodi 19 Matrix with the audiodecoder.sacd add-on.

Does testing OSMC (KODI 19 Matrix) containt audiodecoder.sacd add-on?

The nighlties will contain the latest sacd Matrix code. There hasnā€™t been a nightly release for a while as we are sorting out some build issues but this should hopefully be resolved soon.

hello. I have just downloaded a multichannel SACD ISO which I can play in 2 or 6 channel mode on my PC through foobar2000 (although only output in stereo) but as in comments from 2020, only the stereo channels will play on my Vero4K+ (Kodi 20.3) through the SACD add-in without breaking up.
I notice on the PC that the throughput on my PC is 5645kbps for the stereo but 16934kbps for the 5.1 tracks. Is this too much of a power requirement for the 4K+ ? I have tried tweaking the add-in settings to no effect. The sample frequency is correctly displayed as 2822Khz on both types of playback.
I have various DVD ISOs and they play DTS5.1 96/24 with no problem.
Is there something Iā€™m missing?

Did you try sending it to videoplayer instead of paplayer?

Aha. Good thought. I may have accessed it via the video menu as I almost exclusively watch video and even the music ISOs I have there have a video component. This is the first audio-only ISO I have tried to play.

I will try via the music option .

I have looked into the default players pages but it is not obvious what it means as I am not at home and canā€™t look at the server

Thanks very much. I will try it when Iā€™m back.

I tried playing this again through the Audio menu but it is still the same warbling in 5.1. I have been through all the menus including sound format support add-ins and canā€™t see anything to change or add. The SACD add-in has made the ISO visible and I can see the files and 2.0 files play fine. Do I need to manually download and install a different audio player for the 5.1 files on this ISO? I canā€™t see any way to do it through the OSMC menus

It might be a bit too heavy on the CPU for the 4K in SACD format. It has been a while since I last ran these kinds of tests but if memory serves on the 4K I had some samples I found that it couldnā€™t handle six channels unless it had been converted to dsf. Iā€™ll see about taking another look on my 4K when I can find some time to figure out which of my test files fell couldnā€™t play correctly and give it a go on a Vero V to see if the extra CPU mitigates the issue.

Thanks. I used Foobar2000 with add-ins to rip FLAC 5.1 from it and they play well but the conversion process has reduced it to 44.1KHz and about 4000kBps so it is only about 1/4 the throughput which will take a lot of the CPU load off. I am not sure if the conversion settings were messed up by me or if the flac.exe was on too vague a setting. I am trying again with FLAC processing set to zero (instead of 5) and with the DSD module pulled in, although I havenā€™t adjusted the DSD module settings. Iā€™ll see how it goes!

The only multichannel SACD iso I have on hand is a copy of Pink Floydā€™s Wish You Were Here and It doesnā€™t play correctly on my Vero 4K or Vero V. I actually couldnā€™t get any of the multichannel SACD iso/DSD/DSF formats to play correctly on my Vero V even with trying different settings in the SACD Kodi audio decoder add-on. I converted that iso to DSD and DSF versions with iso2dsd to see what that got me and and the Vero 4K was able to properly play just the DSF version and I couldnā€™t hear any flaw in the playback. I played through a bunch of the stereo DSD and DSF files I had sitting in my samples folder and both machines were able to play back all those files without an issue. I donā€™t know if there is anything that can be done for someone who was keen on playing these problematic one-bit multichannel files without converting them to something like a multichannel FLAC.