How playing iso files

thank you very much for looking into this in such detail. I only have one SACD ISO so it is not a huge issue. I really wanted to make sure I was not doing something stupid or missing something obvious. All my other SACDs are physical and I have a 4K Sony Blu-Ray player that handles them. I mucked about with Foobar2000 and was able to get the FLAC 5.1 files up to 96KHz with a bit rate of 9389kbs so that will do until I can find a physical version. I have looked into iso2dsd but at the moment I am deliberately not running Java on my Windows PC so I will put up with the Foobar2000 conversion until I can be bothered / get around to setting something up. Thanks again for all you effort and help.

anyway, I was completely lying about not bothering with iso2dsd and installed it (and java) on a ubuntu system then spent ages finding out that i also needed sacd_extract and which version to download that I didn’t need to manually build. This creates massive files, much larger than the source ISO, but retains the 16934 kbps and scans at 2822400 Hz, which feels excessive to be honest. Anyway, when transferred to the Vero4K, these files stutter just like direct from the ISO, so I suppose I have created them correctly (ha ha). I am going to have one more go through the Foobar2000 converter using the DSF file as a source, but then I think I will stick with the 192Khz FLAC 5.1 files I created yesterday

the files from the DSF were the same size as the direct from ISO FLAC 5.1 files so I’ll stick with them!

1 Like