[HOW-TO ALL PLATFORMS]Can I use Netflix on OSMC?(post 4)

If there isn’t a firewall issue, then there is something wrong with how the add-on starts.

What I would recommend is, uninstall the Netflix add-on, run the the prep script again, it will download the newest version of the Netflix add-on (0.14.3, been rather stable for a while so i changed version) which have better logging, and another way of handling the behind the scene stuff. Then install the zip from homefolder/addons again.

Ok thanks, I’ll give it a try!
Can I use the same netflix_prep_install.sh or have I to download a new version also of the script?

Now I’;m not at home but I can connect my OSMC machine via SSH… is there a way to test the addon via ssh or at least uninstall and re-install it?

download the prep-script again

systemctl stop mediacenter
rm -rf ~/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.netflix
rm -rf ~/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.netflix
systemctl start mediacenter

Test: i don’t know how to, since you have to enter credentials and such.
Reinstall: I recommend using kodi, there is an ugly way but I don’t recommend it

When i tried to install netflix my SD card got full when osmc downloaded widewine and the other files for nexflix. Is there any way to delete these files from my sd-card (where do i find the download folder??

the files should be located here:

.kodi/userdata/addon_data/script.module.inputstreamhelper/tmp

any files under there is junk.

Reinstalled the addon but still get error :frowning:

ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<–
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type ‘exceptions.ImportError’>
Error Contents: cannot import name Padding
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.netflix/service.py”, line 23, in
import resources.lib.services as services
File “/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.netflix/resources/lib/services/init.py”, line 6, in
from .msl.http_server import MSLTCPServer
File “/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.netflix/resources/lib/services/msl/http_server.py”, line 17, in
from .msl_handler import MSLHandler
File “/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.netflix/resources/lib/services/msl/msl_handler.py”, line 22, in
from .request_builder import MSLRequestBuilder
File “/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.netflix/resources/lib/services/msl/request_builder.py”, line 23, in
from .default_crypto import DefaultMSLCrypto as MSLCrypto
File “/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.netflix/resources/lib/services/msl/default_crypto.py”, line 11, in
from Cryptodome.Util import Padding
ImportError: cannot import name Padding
–>End of Python script error report<–

How far along the process do you get before you get that error: Can you start the plugin, enter your credentials, browse to something to watch or start watching when you get this error?

You log snipplets are a bit short to make heads or tails of this problems.

ps. Are you using vpn on your OSMC device and not on the Amazon stick?

No I can’t start the plugin: when I select it from my Video Plugin it say to have a look at the blog file…

2019-06-13 21:26:43.335 T:1669300960 WARNING: [plugin.video.netflix (0)] Backing file does not exist or is not readable
2019-06-13 21:26:45.398 T:1669300960 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<–
File “/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.netflix/service.py”, line 23, in
import resources.lib.services as services
File “/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.netflix/resources/lib/services/init.py”, line 6, in
File “/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.netflix/resources/lib/services/msl/http_server.py”, line 17, in
File “/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.netflix/resources/lib/services/msl/msl_handler.py”, line 22, in
File “/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.netflix/resources/lib/services/msl/request_builder.py”, line 23, in
File “/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.netflix/resources/lib/services/msl/default_crypto.py”, line 11, in
2019-06-13 21:27:36.590 T:1582293728 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<–
File “/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.netflix/addon.py”, line 27, in
import resources.lib.navigation.player as player
File “/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.netflix/resources/lib/navigation/player.py”, line 15, in
from resources.lib.services.playback import get_timeline_markers
2019-06-13 21:27:36.725 T:1769992928 ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.netflix/
2019-06-13 21:27:36.727 T:1915618864 ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.netflix/) failed

Tack hittade dem :+1:

1 Like

To be honest I’m out on deep water, there seems to be crypto issues, but you have the latest installed. You might get more help here:

Odd, Netflix is installed but it’s not accepting my login credentials. Tried them on my regular computer and they work just fine but exact same e-mail/password combination gets me a “check your credentials” error.

I did try these instructions first (How to Watch Disney+, Netflix, Prime Video, and Plex With Raspberry Pi) and they directed me to make a symbolic link for pycryptodome. ( ```
sudo ln -s /usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/Crypto /usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/Cryptodome). Don’t think that would bugger it up though.

BTW - those instructions seemed to omit some needed python modules and I never could connect to the Netflix repository so, I’m trying the instructions in this thread. I get Netflix installed but, it’s not taking my e-mail/password which has has been verified on other computers and checked against my stored password list.

Any idea what might be wrong?

Ok, after checking GitHub forums I’ve found this is a known issue. They have a proposed fix that I’ll try tomorrow (getting late here). At least it appears to have a fix…

I think this is the problem you found, and there is a PR to solve it but it hasn’t been merged yet.

yea, and poking around the internet, it looks like it’s more a login policy change at Netflix that’s breaking numerous implementations, not just OSMC on Raspberry. I’ll just wait for the merge for now. In the meantime, I’ll investigate casting from Android tablets or the like. Thanks though :slight_smile:

The PR has been merged, uninstall the add-on and run the script again to download the latest version.

1 Like

didn’t work…still won’t accept my login information

hold up, I needed to delete the old one. Your new file just save along side of it with a “*.sh.1” appended to it…stand by…

Nope, confirmed I’m at version 0.14.5 and still getting the “Check your Login Credentials” error. However, I’m also getting a “too many login attempts” error when I try to check via browser or Android tablet.

UPDATE: Wife just informed me she changed the Netflix password this morning when she saw multiple login attempts the day before. So, as far as I currently know, your patch works but I will verify in the morning.

Yeah sorry should have said to you to update the script too, since I’ve made a change to delete the old plugin.zip before downloading the new. Thinking of changing that delete command to rename instead.

With the new password, the plugin seems to be working just fine. I like the interface through OSMC. Had to knock back the resolution off of 1080 to get smooth streaming but that’s likely a limitation of the raspberry. I suppose I could try setting a bigger buffer size and see if that helps but, still works pretty good.