How to configure OSMC Kodi DLNA source on network?

I am building a new RPi4 based OSMC media center to be used in my summer home. I have two LG TV:s in different buildings there but on the same LAN and I would like to be able to “see” the OSMC media center on the LG TV list of video sources.
I have found this old thread which describes how to enable DLNA. Following that I got the publishing working.

So right now I can see the Ubuntu Server and the new OSMC box too.
But when I use this on the TV there are too many nodes to click through in order to get to the only container with anything to view…

These are all the levels I have to pass for my device (selected are shown bold):

• Select media server (at home I have the OSMC box and the Ubuntu server (which will not be visible at the summer home)
  • “Music Library”
    Video Library
  • Files
    “Playlists”
  • “Auto mounted drives”
    “media”
    ubuntusrv

After the last selection I get to the only node where my video files are located.

Is there a way to define exactly what gets published by DLNA so the navigation is reduced? I do not use Music library, Playlists, Auto mounted drives or media.
I only want to publish the videos inside the Ubuntu server mount.

Notice:
In my OSMC I only use downloaded mp4 video files (they are downloaded automatically on the Ubuntu server for offline viewing at my own time).
These are accessed in OSMC via a mount from the Ubuntu server defined in /etc/fstab.
I have also set aside 25GB in a separate partition on the OSMC SD-card named media (this is listed as shown above) for other videos like children’s shows and movies.

CLARIFICATION:
I want to get rid of everything in the UI referring to Music, Playlists, Pictures and Games only leaving Videos/Files.
And inside Files I want to manage the sources myself. I have edited the sources.xml file so it looks like below and yet the root of the local drive (/media/media/) shows up in the list!
So it seems like the sources.xml is not fully controlling what will show up!

<sources>
    <programs>
        <default pathversion="1"></default>
    </programs>
    <video>
        <default pathversion="1"></default>
        <source>
            <name>Ubuntu Videos</name>
            <path pathversion="1">/mnt/ubuntusrv/</path>
            <allowsharing>true</allowsharing>
        </source>
        <source>
            <name>Localdrive</name>
            <path pathversion="1">/media/media/localdisk/</path>
            <allowsharing>true</allowsharing>
        </source>
    </video>
</sources>

I think sharing from the Kodi Client isn’t going to be all that tweakable. That and I think (but could very well be mistaken here) that with the setup your talking about all media would go through you Kodi client such as NAS>Kodi>LG. You might want to look into what UPnP servers you can run on your file share directly so it can directly transfer and will probably be more configurable. Otherwise for hiding sources take a look at this…

OK, I did not think about that…
On my Ubuntu server I run mini-dlna in order for the LG TV:s to pick up and show the files. It is pretty well configurable to get whatever I need (and don’t) displayed.
The problem here is that the Ubuntu server is on my home LAN xxx.xxx.119.xxx and my target environment is my summer home LAN running on xxx.xxx.117.xxx. The two LAN:s are interconnected with OpenVPN (client on the remote site router). And routing has been set up so the LAN sections are routed through the tunnel both ways.
But I have not seen anything like DLNA transfer though that connection.
However if I set up a Linux machine on the summer home LAN it can mount the video share on the Uuntu server just fine.
And once that is done maybe I can configure mini-dlna on that machine to serve out on the remote LAN?

Worth a try!
It would completely bypass OSMC/Kodi altogether…
I assume I cannot use the just configured OSMC box for that task, though?
Cannot have both mini-dlna (if it even can be installed) and Kodi on the same device serving out DLNA video, right?

If the two connected LAN:s were really connected fully then I assume that the DLNA discovery should cover both networks?

No clue, I don’t remember anyone posting such a thing on this forum in the last few years either.

I would think you would turn it off at least the server part in Kodi.

I think DLNA, like Airplay, uses discovery requests that do not normally transverse most networking segmentation. How one would get around this is outside the scope of this forum.

Personally I wouldn’t even go down this route to begin with as DLNA in WebOS is never going to be a great experience. If adding another Kodi box is somehow not an option I would install Plex server on the Ubuntu box set to autoscan your library and call it a day. Plex runs great in WebOS and if your files are named and organized well enough that Kodi picks them up then Plex does as well. I have this type of setup; Kodi on my Lan, server housing files, running MySQL for Kodi and Plex server for everything else (remote locations, phones, tablets). I much prefer Kodi, and prefer native to Kodi Plex integration, but Plex clients are a matter of install the app and pass a four digit code in a web browser and your sorted. It also transcodes when you have slower connections than your content. Your not going to get that with Kodi or DLNA. There are a couple alternatives to Plex that do the same type of thing. I can’t speak to them as I’ve never used them.

OK thanks.
I have been setting up the OSMC box on an RPi4B device for deployment on the remote site.
It will connect to the media share on the Ubuntu server across the VPN tunnel so all files will be visible on the remote Kodi box.
Then I will set up this as a UPnP video source.
I have two TV:s on the remote LAN and only one will be connected by HDMI to the OSMC box I am building now. So the other TV must rely on the OSMC UPnP (DLNA) share to view the videos. This also works, I believe.

But while doing this I realized that the Ubuntu server itself has minidlna running and this makes it appear in parallel with the OSMC on the LG TV:s I have at home as viewable sources. This made me think that perhaps I could arrange for both of these sources appear also on the remote LAN TV:s…

But building the new OSMC is already done so it will be moved to the remote site next week. I just want to get rid of the extraneous (unused) items showed when browsing via OSMC.
With minidlna it is very simple to configure what and how is published…

Lets go way back to the first question … the source file… I have found that kodi will collect the the source from the the path in the source file but if it’s not specifically added into the library and collected by kodi and Movies Tv Shows or Music and cataloged you will have to jump select your source until kodi adds it to a DB… Until then it’s just a source and not a direct target for the movies menu item. I think this is what he’s asking. As for DNLA if your network it routed properly and and your port forwarding the DLNA’s port across the segments you should see it… But I would set up Kodi’s SQL setup and Slave another PI to the Kodi box running the SQL and primary kodi… That way kodi handles all the traffic request and you only have to update the primary catalogs on the SQL kodi box for both boxes to see it. Hope this helps…