How to enable 576i on vero 4k

Who is Sam can you not do that if you are the person that wants to see the clip

Sorry what is “dropbox/Google drive etc account.”

@anon23072341

576i in 2019 Is special and people with special needs for funky outdated resolutions should be nice and friendly and hope the devs implement proper support for their desired resolution while knowing they are wasting their time on something only 0.1% of users will benefit from.

I don’t know what you are trying to achieve here ? Bully graham and Sam into providing support faster or making them feel bad or what?

1 Like

Be assured if I could buy my videos in 1080p I would do but they are not sold. If 576i is so outdated then I am sure TV set makers will soon stop supporting it. That will go down well with viewers of SD Tv

“I don’t know what you are trying to achieve” - support and it looks like I got some but only after my postings today. Up to now my questions posted some days ago were not answered now I know were I stand it looks like Kodi is not the problem rather Vero is

“funky outdated resolutions” I am sure the manager of my local coop needs to know that. He only sells 576i DVD’s no bluray - he says no market for them in his store only DVD but hey what does he know

Turning off hardware acceleration won’t enable 576i output, no, but it does change the deinterlacing algorithm. You may find it looks better than the hardware-accelerated version. (And possibly better than what your TV can do).

Ok I will try that but what will that do to playback of 4kHDR files along with 1080 type

You can set HW acceleration to ‘HD and up’ individually for mpeg2, mpeg4 and hevc.

thanks

I just found this

“ALL AMLogic hardware boxes, like the Mi Box or the Fire TV (dongle) Gen3 will have issues with deinterlacing. It does not matter if you use MrMC, Kodi or Live Channels - they all have the same half motion deinterlacing stuttering issues. It’s a known Firmware bug. You HAVE to use LibreELEC Kodi Krypton”

Source Sub $75 box with good deinterlacing? US - MrMC

Is that worth ago if so how do I put LibreELEC Kodi Krypton on the vero. I am guessing inside it is just a generic PCB with some custom firmware on it

https://libreelec.tv/downloads_new/

What is if any of the boxes shown are inside the vero

IIRC some people have bricked their vero trying to load LibreELEC. That post is 9 months old in a rapidly changing environment so you would anyway have to be careful about which version of LE you were using. It’s also confusing - is he saying LE Krypton on amlogic works or you should run LE on a Pi?

BTW, viewing 576p 16:9 material with software decoding is currently not working as it should (letterboxing). That is my current ‘work in progress’ after which I was planning to look deeper into interlacing issues.

1 Like

Right so If I do as was suggested I will have problems with letterboxing. So that idea is a no go

I got nothing to loose by trying the other software but as a have already asked what is in the vero. with that info I stand a better chance of fiding the right version

In the 2nd link in my post there are links to all sorts of boxes and pi’s

The current download page has

Cubox-i2/i4 and Hummingboard (imx6)
Generic x86_64
RaspberryPi 2 and 3
RaspberryPi zero and 1
Wetek Core
Wetek Play
Wetek Hub

So quite a choice

At the time that post was made (September last year) Kodi Krypton was the latest version of Kodi available. But since then, the next version - Leia - has been released. That’s what the Vero 4K uses.

I don’t know if the firmware bug he talks about has been fixed in the last 9 months, but if it hasn’t, then turning off hardware acceleration will circumvent the problem, I think.

Decoding in software will also work around the (short-term) issue that Graham mentioned with the aspect ratio on 4:3 material.

Thanks but 2 posts back graham wrote

"BTW, viewing 576p 16:9 material with software decoding is currently not working as it should "

So thats yest anothe no working fuction of vero. I am happy to try the other software got nothing to loose but still waiting to know what is in the vero

What’s in the vero is a custom-designed board based on a S905 series chip. The firmware is specific to that board. As I said, using soft/firmware for any other board is likely to brick it. And by brick I mean brick - unrecoverable without sending it back to OSMC to re-flash.

Ok so how about if I used a Pi what would I loose over using vero I guess then I could use any software

4k and some HD audio.

Not sure if you are serious but If you are I recommend you start buying your movies online or a store that isnt stuck in the past.

It would really be a shame to watch DVDs on a Sony AF9 if you really bought one. Its like driving a Koenigsegg on a dirt road

And if the title I want is not on line or on bluray - go without, sorry that is just silly

If he’s talking about the issue I think he’s talking about, then it causes a problem with 4:3 material in hardware mode; 4:3 works fine in software mode, and 16:9 is okay either way.

(And it’s only a temporary problem anyway).

@grahamh could you clarify?

No I haven’t said that. Of course, you should watch anything you want. But if you primarily watch sd stuff from dvd buying a good stand alone dvd player might have been a better investment then the vero 4k+.

Lots of old legendary movies also get remastered and released at higher resolutions criterion is known for doing just that https://www.criterion.com/ and netflix, amazon and itunes are doing similar things although criterion is by far the best in the business.

ATM, for me, with HW decoding 16:9 and 4:3 are displayed at the correct a/r (4:3 is postboxed to achieve that). 16:9 with software is letterboxed (405 high) and requires my TV a/r to be set to 4:3 to display correctly but with a black border all round. There is also an issue with some live TV in 544x576 format. If you have something different, let us know in the relevant thread.

FWIW I’ve had a look and I can’t find any TVs that support 1280x720@24fps