How to enable 576i on vero 4k

i did say a post or 3 back my bad on this thread the Oppo sends that as 1920 but does NOT chanbe the frame rate your box sends it at is 60fps Why not 24

I was thinking about 480 stuff, not 576. Sorry. :man_facepalming:

1 Like

I dont get way you are talking about movies many of the dvds I have are 60ā€™s Tv The Larkins ATV, not the newer colour version, Airline 70ā€™s YTV, forsyte saga 60ā€™s BBC The list goes on an on. Little chance those titles will get a bluray release. I could play the discs on a player but they might get damaged so I have them as MKV files on a server and just want a player to play them without mucking about with them - a tall order - a very tall order it would seem.

You can manually set the output resolution to be 1080p/24 once the video is playing.

SWMBO will love that, as would I not. I just want to choose a file and play it not spend half the evening changing settings.

This problem reminds me of the Arcam AVR 600. It was supposed to be the last word in AVRā€™s had a high price too. But it had buggy software, as one fault was fixed another got broke. In the end Arcam gave up put the software out to a 3rd party the next range of AVRs did rather better

What has Live Tv got to do with a media player ā€¦ Unless the user has a pc screen he or she will have a Tv and Tvā€™s have got tuners in them for ā€¦ Live Tv

You guys seem you really want a box to do it allā€¦ How about one that makes teaā€¦ Or make it mobile and it can take the dog for a walk

Well, I watch all my TV through Vero. It was the main reason for buying a Pi, then upgrading to Vero. Itā€™s got a far better interface than my TV, far easier to set up recordings and I can watch TV on any other device I have in the house.

Besides, if all you want is a bare-bones media player, why not just use your TV for that?

The best and easiest solution for you would be to get a good old tv from the 90s and a stand alone dvd or vhs player to watch this old shows on hardware they were made to be played on just like some gamers that like old games keep old computers and consoles and TVs around.

Since the shows are on a NAS (please read my post) how do I use a 90ā€™s tv to play them on without a media player that can output 576!

ā€œwhy not just use your TV for that?ā€ great ideaā€¦ How do I get HD audio from the Tv to the AVR
My AVR is not eARC so no HD audio only DD+ and where is the player app on the tv you speak off. Please do not say Kodi

Well you couldnā€™t if you had a 90s tv and a DVD player then you had to play the media like it was intended to be played and thatā€™s from the Disc.

Also I donā€™t like your tone and Iā€™m sure im not the only one.

To be honest I feel the same

Lets make this real easy. I give up on vero it is now in the recycle bin. thats the end of it. Can A mod please delete this account I cannot see how to do that in the My account section

Now thatā€™s over reacting. You shouldnā€™t throw it away just put it aside for now and wait for a better implementation of the 576i. As Sam said they are working on it

Wait! You have 576i video with HD audio??

I wanted a one box media play that works for ALL formats yours is not please close this account ASAP

Not really if you knew SWMBO you would know what stick I got all weekend over this so it is away now

This seems quite disingenuousā€¦ If the device does not live up to your high expectations then please open an RMA to return the device and allow us to refund you. No cheapskate who expected perfection from a device at this price point would throw that money in the bin as you proclaim to have doneā€¦

3 Likes

@anon23072341 Iā€™m sorry to hear that youā€™re not happy with things.

As others have stated, 576i output is still a work in progress.

Iā€™m happy to take a call if you would like to discuss the matter. You can reach me on 08009759352.

In the interim we will deactivate your account as per your request.

Sam

I know my wife wouldnt be able to tell the difference between the Vero deinterlacing and the TV!

1 Like

Thatā€™s why I havenā€™t even responded :wink: