How to inhibit HDMI output to allow auto-switch?

Hello
I’m learning to live with the new Vero 4K+ :slight_smile:
I’ve learned that its conception was to run all the time and never stop as a server.

In my configuration, I have three devices connected to an HDMI switch with auto switch function (OCTAVA switch):

1. Bluray player
  2. Vero4K+
  3. ATV4K

The switch works with two rules:

• priorizes top devices in the list
  • when an “higher ranked” device stops emitting HDMI, switch to first device following.

When I turn the Blu-ray off, it switches to Vero4K perfectly.

But how can I switch from the Vero to the ATV ?
Sleep mode is not enough as HDMI is not inhibited, preventing from autoswitching.
If I turn it down from Kodi, it’s OK… but then I have to go to the unit and unplug it to restart.

I’ve read solutions with Smart electric adaptors.
Any thing else to suggest ?

Thank you !

This sounds like something someone else was trying to do recently. It looks like they stopped posting before finding a working resolution though…

Putting the Vero in Standby will disable the HDMI signal and you can activate it via the remote again.

1 Like

Unfortunately not.
When I put it in standby, the screen is black but it doesn’t vacate the HDMI port.
Only if I turn it OFF, will the HDMI port vacate and auto switch work.

In the other thread, Sam speaks about HPD Lock mode. do you know what it is ?

That is for not reporting HDMI changes to the Vero.
My TV reports “no signal” when I enter standby.
Suggest to upload logs to check why yours may not do that.

I think that my switch refuses to vacate a port as long as some current remains.
It seems that when StandBy, the Vero doesn’t output any signal through HDMI, but it must remain some power.

I tried to change the order of the devices connected:

• 1/ Bluray
  • 2/ ATV
  • 3/ Vero

And I have the exact same problem.
When I ask the ATV to go to stand by, the Octova doesn’t switch to 3/VERO. In the same way, the ATV must maintain some power, although no video signal is detected by the projector.

I’m thinking about installing a Homekit plug. It would allow to turn the power of the Vero on and off remotely.

Hence my question: is there a risk to shut down the vero only by removing power from it ?
Is it necessary to turn it down through Kodi first ?

Kind regards

The risk of software/system corruption is significant if you don’t shutdown first. You might be able to get away with it for a period of time but this would not be recommended unless you happened to enjoy reinstalling and reconfiguring your system.

I really don’t !! And if I treat the Vero well, I really expect I will never have to do it.