[HowTo] Installing RetroPie alongside OSMC RC (the easy way)

hey,

tried this with aeon nox skin, but i was not successful.

Line 419 and 420
    <setting type="string" name="skin.aeon.nox.5.Custom1HomeItem.Disable"></setting>
    <setting type="string" name="skin.aeon.nox.5.Custom1HomeItem.Path"></setting

Line 470 to 478
    <setting type="string" name="skin.aeon.nox.5.Custom1HomeItem.Label">RetroPee</setting>
    <setting type="string" name="skin.aeon.nox.5.Custom1HomeItem.MultiFanart"></setting>
    <setting type="string" name="skin.aeon.nox.5.Custom1HomeItem.Icon"></setting>
    <setting type="string" name="skin.aeon.nox.5.Custom1HomeItem.BGType"></setting>
    <setting type="string" name="skin.aeon.nox.5.Custom1HomeItem.Widget"></setting>
    <setting type="string" name="skin.aeon.nox.5.Custom1HomeItem.WidgetLabel"></setting>
    <setting type="string" name="skin.aeon.nox.5.Custom1HomeItem.WidgetType"></setting>
    <setting type="string" name="skin.aeon.nox.5.Custom1HomeItem.InfoLine"></setting>
    <setting type="string" name="skin.aeon.nox.5.Custom1HomeItem.SubMenu"></setting>>

Pasted your “System.Exec(/home/osmc/RetroPie/scripts/retropie.sh)” to line 420,
saved, rebooted and after rebooting it’s gone from guisettings.xml.

Any idea!? -.-

Are you using the alpha script from post #1 ?

For sure I do!

Login with SSH, but what I seem to forget in my post above, you need to stop Kodi first.
You can do that with ‘sudo service mediacenter stop’ and after you have editted the gui settings, you can start it again by replacing stop with start from the line above :smile:

Didn’t know this would work with more then Amber, but would be sweet if everybody could benefit from this :smile:

1 Like

that’s it,

thank u man…

didn’t know to stop before editing O:)

so for now, all preparations are done for incoming xbox-wireless-receiver-transfer tomorrow :stuck_out_tongue:

thank you!!!

1 Like

I’m not sure, I just grabbed from the git repo I believe, I assumed that was the script that was being updated consistently with all the notes from these comments.

https://github.com/mcobit/retropie-osmc

Just use the new script in the first post at the top, that worked perfect for me atleast on a fresh system

Sorry not at home right now, but just confirming:

wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/mcobit/retrosmc/master/install-retrosmc.sh

This is the script you’re talking about?

Indeed!

hi to all!.
exist a fast way to configure de xbox360 wireless usb accesory and remotes??

thanks a lot

https://packages.debian.org/jessie/utils/xboxdrv

Hi,

first of all retropie now works fine on my osmc installation. I also could handle to connect my ps3 remote controller to my raspberry. But there are problems that i couldnt solve until now …

1. No Audio Playback
I had tried several things to get audio working through HDMI but nothing worked for me. I installed the alsa utility to force audio playback via HDMI, and also edited the retroarch.cfg file and uncommended audio_enable and audio_volume. But that doesnt work for me. If i start the emulationstation and go to settings -> Sound Options the Volume switch is at 0, if i change that to 100, switch back and watch the sound settings again it stands at 0 again. No clue why. Maybe someone else could solve that …

2. No analog steering in PSX Emulator
When i like to play my PSX Games i cannot use the left or right analog triggers, with the cross it works. On the “Port” Emulator they are working fine … is there something special i have to configure?

Just try this for your sound problem:

The analog sticks issue with PSX I got no idea, I’ll try that as soon as I can.

So I just did this from a fresh install and I can run emulationstation great now- Thanks so much!
I just need to figure out controller configuration- I’ve got no problems in EmulationStation but when I run the SNES emulator my controls are all different. Is there a way to copy the controls to all emulators? I only really want to use 2 (NES, SNES) with my USB SNES Gamepads

I got no SNES controllers, for better luck I would suggest Google :smile:

or just look in this thread

Hey Theetjuh,

thanks a lot. Sound is now working great. Since now i could not solve the analog problems in playstation emulator. I had found the following in /opt/retropie/configs/all

# Sets which libretro device is used for a user.
# Devices are indentified with a number.
# This is normally saved by the menu.
# Device IDs are found in libretro.h.
# These settings are overridden by explicit command-line arguments which refer to input devices.
# None: 0
# Joypad (RetroPad): 1
# Mouse: 2
# Keyboard: 3
# Generic Lightgun: 4
# Joypad w/ Analog (RetroPad + Analog sticks): 5
# Multitap (SNES specific): 257
# Super Scope (SNES specific): 260
# Justifier (SNES specific): 516
# Justifiers (SNES specific): 772

input_libretro_device_p1 = 5
input_libretro_device_p2 = 5
# input_libretro_device_p3 =
# input_libretro_device_p4 =
# input_libretro_device_p5 =
# input_libretro_device_p6 =
# input_libretro_device_p7 =
# input_libretro_device_p8 =

This doesnt worked for me, maybe there is another way to tell him which type of joypad will be used …

EDIT: So now here is a solution on how to enable the analog stick for Playstation Emulation.
Go to /opt/retropie/configs/all/ and open the retroarch.cfg file. Look for the following entrys and change them.

# Axis for RetroArch D-Pad.
# Needs to be either '+' or '-' in the first character signaling either positive or negative direction of the axis, then the axis number.
# Do note that every other input option has the corresponding _btn and _axis binds as well; they are omitted here for clarity.
input_player1_left_axis = -0
input_player1_right_axis = +0
input_player1_up_axis = -1
input_player1_down_axis = +1

At the end of the file add the following lines:

pcsx_rearmed_pad1type = "analog"
pcsx_rearmed_pad2type = "analog"

Now the analog sticks should work in playstation emulator.

2 Likes

Good find!

I found this thread: Enable analog sticks for psx within retropie setup - petrockblock

And I edited the same file /opt/retropie/configs/all/retroarch.cfg and added:

input_libretro_device_p1 = 5
input_libretro_device_p2 = 5
input_libretro_device_p3 = 5
input_libretro_device_p4 = 5
input_player1_analog_dpad_mode = 1
input_player2_analog_dpad_mode = 1
input_player3_analog_dpad_mode = 1
input_player4_analog_dpad_mode = 1

That worked as well :smile:

1 Like

Could you add scummvm?
I also got some Amiga games, maybe nice to have that implemented as well!

Thnx in advance :sunglasses:

I’ll try to get all versions bumped over the next week and also try to add scummvm and maybe dosbox.

Also thanks for the pullrequests. Will test and add them to get the shortcutcreation working.

3 Likes

Everything just works fine, expect some games are not starting. Final Fantasy 8 ( German Language ) doesnt start, there is only a black screen coming up, the BIOS file is included. GameBoy Advance games doesn’t load, the emulator starts and after a while the emulator close. I also miss some emulators, just like Dreamcast or Nintendo DS … if they are working on RPi2.

EDIT: My fault … had seen that for GBA an BIOS file is required …