[HowTo] RetroPie and OSMC: Retrosmc - Retrogaming on OSMC

Ok so I have been trying pretty hard to get my wireless xbox360 controller to work with this setup and i’m still hitting a wall.

I set my controller up with OSMC using this method [How-to] Xbox 360 Controller OSMC

When I initially install this retrosmc (latest build, just reinstalled tonight) the setup sees my controller as a “keyboard”. I followed the instructions here: Home · RetroPie/RetroPie-Setup Wiki · GitHub in regards to the updating of “/home/pi/.emulationstation/es_input.cfg” and “/home/osmc/RetroPie/configs/all/retroarch.cfg”. Edited both via SSH on my pc using sudo nano.
Reboot.

No difference. I’m not sure what I’m missing but it seems to have something to do with the controller not being seen as a joystick (not writing a joystick file here /opt/retropie/configs/all/retroarch-joypads). I think my first hurtle is trying to get the controller seen as a joystick in emulationstation? Am I correct and does anyone have any advice?

The controller does work perfectly in scummvm though. And everything aside from the analog sticks work great in emulationstation.