[HowTo] RetroPie and OSMC: Retrosmc - Retrogaming on OSMC

Please scroll up one or two screens more. I’ll have a look, too when I get home.

the same for me… starting via ssh but no addon installed

Seems like jcnventura deleted his launcher addon from github two days ago.
Not sure why. Will try to contact him.

Edit: Hope he answers quickly as I don’t want to host his addon without his permission.

For now you can create a custom shortcut like described in the first post.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

1 Like

Addon installation should work again. I’ll make sure it stays this way shortly.

1 Like

Hello!

Everything installed perfectly… The only thing that isn’t working for me is the CECFIX=1 thing. I sudo nano the .cfg file in the instructions (it does not exist, thus it creates it) and reboot my Pi. When I launch RetroPie my TV shuts down anyways.

Any ideas?
Thanks!!

now the addon retrosmc work perfect.
the only problem is when i exit from emulation station it’s impossible to back to osmc.
the system back in terminal mode.
any solution ?
thank you so much

This works for me. Although someone else mentioned that it doesn’t work for him…
You start it from the launcher addon right?
Can you try to use the update scripts menupoint in the install-retrosmc.sh?

hello mcobit,
i start from the addon and work perfect.
when i quit emulation station i have a black screen.
i try to update the script but nothing change.

Something seems to go wrong with the download of the watchdog script.

Please download this file manually and put it into the /home/osmc/RetroPie/scripts folder overwriting any version that might be there already:
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/mcobit/retrosmc/master/scripts/retropie_watchdog.sh

Also make it executable after downloading with chmod +x retropie_watchdog.sh

1 Like

now work !!!
GREAT
Thank you mcobit !!!

Please use “update scripts” in install-retrosmc.sh and try if it works then.
Looked like cec-lient is not in $PATH anymore.
Tried to fix that.

after UPDATE SCRIPTS don’t work.
i think i have a problem during this step.

Ok. Then just manually download that file. Probably a specific problem.

Edit: my previous post was addressing a different problem.

1 Like

Thanks! Will try it and report.

I redirected the addon download to my repo now. If aanybody has problems installing it, please use the “Update Scripts” functionality in the installation script and retry afterwards.

Hi
I install retrosmcand I use ps3 gamepad. I notice after I install gamepad drivers, osmc bluetooth graphical settings stop working properly. Does anyone happen the same?. I think bluetooth packet installed for gamepad somehow affect.
I would like to test Bluetooth audio streaming (A2DP) for osmc and I try if I could pair in a console session.

Hi mcobit,
first of all a very big thank your for all your work making Retrosmc one of the best adons for OSMC / Kodi.:grinning:

My problem for the Libretto N64 emulator has been fixed by reinstalling the emulator via the retropie setup script (not sure what got corrupted in the first installation, it was unrelated to the PSP problem)

For the PSP emulators (both) I could reproduce the problem by setting up a new OSMC installation and directly installing Retrosmc (the Roms shoudl work according to the Retropie wiki). The logs posted above where the runcommand logs from the tmp directory for those.
I am not yet sure if this is a retrosmc specific problem or also affects the retropie images based on Jessy instead of Wheezy - I will try to evaluate this next weekend with the Retropie Jessy image.

Also the Quake 1 Port does not run so far (similar effect like the two PSP emulators)

Otherwise most other emulators I tested work: N64 (all, including the new glide plugin), Scumm, Libretto-PSX, Quake 3, PSX-rearmed (however does not save the controller configs), Cave Story, Wolfenstein, Super Mario War.

What do you mean with hyperion?

PCSX reARMed is a libretro emulatorcore isn’t it?
So it should use default buttons.

I have to look unto ppsspp. But I have no games to try with.

Quake 1 seems to have a problem with datafile extraction during installation. Not sure why. You could try to reinstall it manually, too and provide a bug report with the output to retropie if it still doesn’t work.