> sleep 8

This is how I would have done it:

# restart kodi
     # Shuting down Sixad and starting OSMC blurtooth stack
         sudo /etc/init.d/sixad stop
         sudo systemctl restart bluetooth

sudo su -c "sudo systemctl restart mediacenter &" &

@joakim_s

Amazing dude.Thanks for the help,this has solved the problem perfectly.Now everytime I launch emulation station the controller pairs perfectly.

I thought I would need to add extra code other than the actual command,so it seemed a little over my head…but is actually really easy…which is fantastic!

I will now try to restore the standard bluetooth stack with the second bit of code

@joakim_s

This actually seems to work perfectly.I can launch RetroPie and pair my controller without any issues and then I can boot back into OSMC and my bluetooth keyboard remains paired and working.Beautiful!

@joakim_s

I just have one query about this…would it be better to put this code into it’s own script in a seperate location so that if RetroPie gets updated it doesnt overwrite the ` /home/osmc/Retropie/scripts/retropie_watchdog.sh`` file?

I see your point, but if we put this into two seperate scripts, one to start and one to close sixad. We would still have to call them (two lines to edit into watchdog script or leave em as is and have 3 lines to edit) in watchdog script.

Then there is the issue of updateing, RetrOSMC have been rather still in it’s devolpment the last few months and it will probebly be replaced by Retroplayer once that gets stable in Kodi 18.

# Starting Sixad for PS3 controller
        if [-f /etc/init.d/sixad];
        then
           sudo /etc/init.d/sixad restart
        fi 
 sleep 8

And this

# restart kodi
     # Shuting down Sixad and starting OSMC blurtooth stack
         if [-f /etc/init.d/sixad];
         then
              sudo /etc/init.d/sixad stop
              sudo systemctl restart bluetooth
         fi
     sudo su -c "sudo systemctl restart mediacenter &" &

Now i don’t know exactly what the sixad service file is called, but you could tell us and we could alter the script to fit that. Let’s hope that @mcobit would add it to his script.

1 Like

Sure.
This can be added like the other variables from the cfg for people who need it.

1 Like

Thanks mcobit, managed to get around this by adding the following address to my host file:

103.245.222.133 raw.githubusercontent.com

Excellent software, cheers.

@joakim_s I hear you regarding the script,if it has to be called from the watchdog script anyway,it doesn’t really matter for saving one line of code and writing two separate scripts.

Retroplayer was a development that I was not aware of,but after looking into it it doesn’t seem to offer any benefits of the RetrOSMC setup,which to me now seems a very stable and coherantly integrated.It would be a shame for development/refinement to not resume.

As for the name of the sixad service file,I’m not entirely sure how to establish that but will endevour to.It would be great to have it as a configurable option that could maybe be turned on/off for those that do or don’t need it maybe?

I have a question… if i have an SD Card of 16 or 32GB and i install on it a fresh OSMC and after Retrosmc i can put the roms and bios on same SD card or i also need somethings like a pendrive for this and put them externally ?

Yes, you put them on the same card into the respective subfolders in /home/osmc/RetroPie/roms

Hello. It’s a few days I’m losing my mind over this.
RPI2 with OSMC December 2016. Retrosmc installed on top of it.,
Using 2 bluetooth controllers, MATRICOM.
System and controllers have been working for a bit (weeks) and then something happened.
Since then I tried to install/reinstall again (rm .emulationstation, /opt/retropie/ retropie-setup retropie …), uninstalled using retropie-setup, over and over, including with retrosmc.sh. Still the same issue.
Here it is:

• in emulationstation the mapping of buttons works perfectly. I also remapped it multiple times but the below does not change.
  • once I start a game, ANY game, the mapping gets messed up. START is the left trigger, SELECT the right shoulder, and then - even worse - Super Mario 1 on NES does not jump high enough to hit bricks or jump the green pipes :slight_smile: Jump is mapped to button A.
    The mapping being messed up happens on all games I tried, the not enough jump only on Mario as far as i can tell.

During the install/re-install, ROMs were copied over from a backup location and not from the original installation that got messed up.

I have read about core remapping, game-specific remapping, and whatnot, but I can’t really figure out how to fix this. I can try to install on a brand-new SD but don’t want to do it unless I need.

Any ideas?
Thank you

Configure your joypads in retroarch directly.

I tried with RGUI but with the buttons all messed up, I can’t do it.

I will look into on how to reset the retroarch configs when I’m back home. I can’t quite follow how it “survived” so many reinstalls. :slight_smile:

thank you!

Quick question.

I’m trying to configure the settings for N64 emulator via the RetroPie Setup menu but any changes don’t seem to take effect.

I would also like to know how to change the Video Plugin/Emulator used for certain games but when pushing a button to enter the configuration editor when the game starts nothing happens it just launches the game.I thought about doing this manually but can’t find the location of the config files…

If you use the mupen64plus-rpi emulator instead of the retroarch integrated one, you need to configure it in the configfiles anyway. You find them in /opt/retropie/configs…

Afaik you need to push a certain button on the gamepad to configure video/emulatorsettings.
Try some. It works for me.

Ah great,thanks for the help @mcobit.

Turns out that on my PS3 controller if I click the left analog stick it brings the menu up on launch.

Hi All,

this topic is very long… :slight_smile:

I installed Retrosmc and its addon for Kodi and both work fine regarding the emulation, but when I try to restart Retropie, to quit the session to come back in Kodi as well as rebooting the Pi2 I got stuck with a black screen so I have to relaunch the session trough ssh.

Is this a known issue or something that’s happening just to me?

Thanks

Hi

Thanks a lot for developing this and staying active in helping the community, hopefully you can help me too! I have had some problems trying to run retropie, this is what i get when I try to run it from SSH:

osmc@osmc:~/RetroPie/scripts$ ./retropie.sh
using HDMI port ‘1’
No device type given. Using ‘recording device’
CEC Parser created - libCEC version 3.0.1
no serial port given. trying autodetect:
path: Raspberry Pi
com port: RPI

opening a connection to the CEC adapter…
DEBUG: [ 27] Broadcast (F): osd name set to ‘Broadcast’
DEBUG: [ 27] InitHostCEC - vchiq_initialise succeeded
DEBUG: [ 27] InitHostCEC - vchi_initialise succeeded
DEBUG: [ 27] InitHostCEC - vchi_connect succeeded
ERROR: [ 28] RegisterLogicalAddress - vc_cec_set_logical_addr ess(E) returned device is busy (3)
ERROR: [ 28] Open - vc_cec could not be initialised
ERROR: [ 28] could not open a connection (try 1)
WARNING: [ 89] unhandled response received: opcode=0 initiator= e destination=0 response=1

I have no idea what to do and i have no found any information that i could use from googling these errors either.

Appreciate any help!

If it still startsup emulationstation, then don’t worry about it.
Have you set CECFIX in the conf file? If not try to set it.

Otherwise, try to run emulationstation after quitting kodi manually and see if it starts up then.

Normally you should run it from kodi. Not ssh. Does it work then?

No, i cant’ get the program to start. I tried both CECFIX and the other option, they didn’t work for me. I have tried running it from both manual shortcut and addon bit it doesn’t work.

When i manually exit osmc and tried starting (through SSH), i got new results. Osmc started, but not retropie, however i now get these messages in SSH:

osmc@osmc:~/RetroPie/scripts$ ./retropie.sh
using HDMI port '1'
No device type given. Using 'recording device'
CEC Parser created - libCEC version 3.0.1
no serial port given. trying autodetect:
 path:     Raspberry Pi
 com port: RPI

opening a connection to the CEC adapter...
DEBUG:   [              27]     Broadcast (F): osd name set to 'Broadcast'
DEBUG:   [              27]     InitHostCEC - vchiq_initialise succeeded
DEBUG:   [              27]     InitHostCEC - vchi_initialise succeeded
DEBUG:   [              27]     InitHostCEC - vchi_connect succeeded
DEBUG:   [              28]     Open - vc_cec initialised
DEBUG:   [              28]     logical address changed to Free use (e)
NOTICE:  [              28]     connection opened
DEBUG:   [              28]     processor thread started
DEBUG:   [              28]     << Broadcast (F) -> TV (0): POLL
DEBUG:   [              28]     initiator 'Broadcast' is not supported by the CEC adapter. using 'Free use' instead
TRAFFIC: [              28]     << e0
DEBUG:   [             118]     initiator 'Broadcast' is not supported by the CEC adapter. using 'Free use' instead
TRAFFIC: [             118]     << e0
DEBUG:   [             209]     >> POLL not sent
DEBUG:   [             209]     TV (0): device status changed into 'not present'
NOTICE:  [             209]     registering new CEC client - v3.0.1
DEBUG:   [             209]     detecting logical address for type 'recording device'
DEBUG:   [             209]     trying logical address 'Recorder 1'
DEBUG:   [             209]     << Recorder 1 (1) -> Recorder 1 (1): POLL
TRAFFIC: [             209]     << 11
TRAFFIC: [             479]     << 11
osmc@osmc:~/RetroPie/scripts$ DEBUG:   [             749]       >> POLL not sent
DEBUG:   [             749]     using logical address 'Recorder 1'
DEBUG:   [             749]     Recorder 1 (1): device status changed into 'handled by libCEC'
DEBUG:   [             749]     Recorder 1 (1): power status changed from 'unknown' to 'on'
DEBUG:   [             749]     Recorder 1 (1): vendor = Pulse Eight (001582)
DEBUG:   [             749]     Recorder 1 (1): CEC version 1.4
DEBUG:   [             749]     AllocateLogicalAddresses - device '0', type 'recording device', LA '1'
DEBUG:   [             750]     logical address changed to Recorder 1 (1)
DEBUG:   [             750]     Recorder 1 (1): osd name set to 'CECTester'
DEBUG:   [             750]     Recorder 1 (1): menu language set to 'eng'
DEBUG:   [             750]     GetPhysicalAddress - physical address = 1000
DEBUG:   [             750]     AutodetectPhysicalAddress - autodetected physical address '1000'
DEBUG:   [             750]     Recorder 1 (1): physical address changed from ffff to 1000
DEBUG:   [             750]     << Recorder 1 (1) -> broadcast (F): physical adddress 1000
TRAFFIC: [             750]     << 1f:84:10:00:01
NOTICE:  [             900]     CEC client registered: libCEC version = 3.0.1, client version = 3.0.1, firmware version = 1, logical address(es) = Recorder 1 (1) , physical address: 1.0.0.0,  compiled on Sun Nov 20 17:59:05 UTC 2016 by root@compiler2 on Linux 3.16.0-4-amd64 (armv7l), features: P8_USB, P8_detect, 'RPi'
DEBUG:   [             900]     << Recorder 1 (1) -> TV (0): OSD name 'CECTester'
DEBUG:   [             901]     << Recorder 1 (1) -> TV (0): POLL
TRAFFIC: [             901]     << 10
TRAFFIC: [             991]     << 10
sudo: service: command not found