I'm Still Getting Banding

Yes it’s set as “on start/stop”

@Jay_vs:

Do you know how to use SSH?

I’m working on a solution for quirky displays re. HDR, so this will be resolved automatically shortly. But it would be good to get this resolved for you in the interim (we’re a few days off yet).

Sam

I have putty installed on my pc and can connect to the vero. I can copy and paste stuff in, so as long as its not to technical I could probably do it.

That works.

Please type: cat /sys/class/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0/attr and let us know the output.

If it shows 444,10 during playback things should look OK.

Sam

I’ll give it a try. But I have no way of seeing what is being output. The vero connects direct to my LG oled tv which gives no info on incoming source sadly.

If you run the command Sam suggested, you will see the output in the terminal window of your PC.

Great thanks.

Put this command in, Not sure what’s meant to happen? Basically doesn’t do anything.
Typed it in pressed enter, then nothing happens, just this appears on the next line, osmc@osmc:~$

That means the hotfix hasn’t been applied.
I did try the hotfix today to verify it. But you can run this command manually (just copy and paste) and it should fix your issue:

sudo wget https://paste.osmc.tv/raw/huziduqole -O /etc/rc.local && sudo chmod +x /etc/rc.local && reboot

I’d normally suspect a typo with the hotfix, but there seem to be the two of you affected.

Your device will reboot if it’s applied.

Cheers

Sam

Ok, Progress. That rebooted ok, playing a file with no banding right now.
If i entered that other command now would it show the output?

It should, give it a try as it can’t hurt anything.

so went ahead and put it in. and yes it reports 10bit 444 yay

So is this a permanent fix, or something I’ll have to do after a reboot or power down?

It’s permanent.

Got to say it’s a big improvement, but it’s not perfect. Still getting weird cyan blotches in the whites, which shouldn’t be there.

That’s not something we’ve ever heard of. We’d need to see files and preferably a small video sample to reproduce the problem, as well as some details about the equipment your using.

I’d recommend changing your HDMI cable to rule that out.

OK. Well I’ll see what i can do.
Thanks so much for helping get this far. At last I can now enjoying watching a 4k movie on my vero.
Cheers.

Cheers – glad to hear this.
Please let us resolve the other issue at your earliest convenience.

@Connect: please try this hotfix: [deprecated]
Sam

ok done that. What does it do?