Infrared remote control problems

edit: FWIW, did not resolve this problem, but bypassed it, by switching from IR to bluetooth control! Hopefully that will work without repeated bluetooth disconnects.

For the record:

This key repeat problem has returned. Again, repeated keys, jumping around in menus or playback. Apparently with select key (Key=11). When navigating files, get an endless loop of select and back, or drill down to last played file. When playing, loop of pause/play.

I just replaced my old Harmony One+ with a new Harmony Elite. Using the same remote profile. Harmony emmulating same remote (Philips SRM-5100) with rc6-mce.lircd profile. Now using the harmony hub (positioned close but not adjacent to Vero) for IR transmission.

Rebooting a few times (with and without debug logging on, which “resolved” it before) has not helped. I disconnected the IR extender, which has not fixed it either. (Vero works fine without it – when using the hub – other than this problem.)

I also changed the “command repeat” on the harmony for this “SRM-5100” device from 3 to 0, same results.

There are other similar threads here but I don’t see any known solution other than swapping the hardware. I don’t know what FLIRC software is. I tried using XBox 360 remote & corresponding profile (mentioned in second link), with same results (repeats)… There seems to be a “solution” in the 3rd link, but I’m not sure if that was already meant to be implemented since last April or not?