Installing and running a VPN on my Vero 4K

Dear Sam,
At the risk of annoying you again I wish to revisit using a VPN with the VPN provider Mullvad. This is available for Debian/ARM based systems but if you are willing I would appreciate some guidance please.

The reason is that I shall be working away from home for a period and need access to my home network. I have looked using TeamViewer but this does not meet all of my needs. I can ssh into my home workstation and home servers but this is quite cumbersome and although easy to do from a laptop is still not ideal as using cli in company is accident prone.

The Vero is ideal for displaying my media on a local TV for sharing slides and demonstrations but a private VPN connection would be a good choice for my purposes.

I need to understand more on openvpn and how it is used and thought the Mullvad vpn would be an easy start before I try and set up a private VPN connection. This should be possible using the Vero 4K but I cannot be sure, hence my request.
Regards,
Budge.
PS I shall order the Vero V if this will help me realize my objectives more easily.

If the provider supports OpenVPN then this shouldn’t be any different than setting up another VPN add-on. There are a few Kodi add-ons that can help you with this.

I think the Brian Hornsby VPN add-on is no longer maintained; but I believe the Zomboided VPN add-on is still supported.

Hi Sam,
Many thanks, I shall persevere but I may try a new tack and will start a new thread.