Intermittently “no signal” on TV when switching to Vero 4k+ on Kodi v19.1

I would suggest using a proper power supply that can deliver enough power to the device.

1 Like

I did manage to let the device boot up again by disconnecting the HDMI cable when I power on the vero, then a few seconds later I reconnect HDMI to the vero and the screen lights up with the osmc boot image.
Really strange behaviour. When I leave HDMI connected when power cycling then the boot process obviously hangs, because vero never comes up via SSH or ping.

Btw, I just ordered a new PSU from amazon with the specs you mentioned here (5V, 2A center positive, 5.5mm OD; 2.1mm ID).

Hi @sam_nazarko,
You are amazing!
Apart from my problems during startup (see my last post), the problem with vero4k showing “black screen” after TV power-off / power-on did disappear with “Kodi 19.3 update” using the deb http://apt.osmc.tv buster-devel main channel.
Thanks a lot!

2 Likes

Vero 4K+ has Just been updated to 19.3 and I am waiting to see if the problem has been solved.

Unfortunately, the issue has not been resolved…

Hello, I have the same problem, I have a RPi 4 and the same thing happens with OSMC and libreElec, my hardware is fine since Raspberry OS runs smoothly.

I updated OSMC using the commands @sam_nazarko gave, I’m now running Kodi 19.3 and I still encounter the exact same problem. No signal on my TV after the OSMC splashscreen; it works normally on monitors however.

I’ve tried so many things, hopefully it’s a bug on Kodi’s side that will be fixed soon.

I also occasionally experience this issue with my Vero 4K+ running 19.3 direct wired into Philips 55OLED856 TV. On one occasion when I turned on the TV the display on HDMI 1 was predominantly green and garbled, most of the time though I get the issue whereby there is no signal and the only option is to reboot.

Have you tried enabling HPD Lock?

Hi Sam, I’m not familiar with the HPD lock, although from a quick look on the forum it looks like an edit to be made to a file. Happy to give it a try if you’d be so kind as to send me some info.

Thanks.

It’s under Settings → Display. No need to edit any files.

Thanx for your reply. The description is: “Disables HPD events. Can fix sound issues”.
What is HPD exactly? Should it interfere with sound instead?

Thanks Sam, I’ve enabled it. Will see how it goes.

HPD lock hasn’t worked, the issue has re-occurred today after restarting. I’ll keep an eye on this thread to see if any other solutions present themself.

This issue is happening quite frequently now, I’ve disabled HPD lock and blank other displays, reset the CEC controls to default. Will see if this provokes any changes.

If something changes in the HDMI chain, a signal is sent to all devices for them to reacquire all the information from the other devices. Typically, this is when a HDMI device connects or disconnects. That’s called a hot-plug event and each device receives a Hot Plug Detect signal.

By turning HPD off, you are telling Vero to ignore these changes. It doesn’t then re-read the EDID and mess with the video resolution. TBH I can’t see it affecting sound.

1 Like

I just installed LibreElec 9.2.8 which runs Kodi 18.9 and it works on my TV. I know I was running OSMC with Matrix on my RPi 4 before the problem appeared, it really looks like it’s coming from Kodi 19.3.
Hopefully there’s a workaround so I can keep using the latest OSMC release on my TV.

I reset my CEC to defaults, then changed the behaviour of turning the TV off to “Stop Playback”. I also enabled the HPD Lock but am still routinely getting this issue every time the TV is left in standby for an extended period. AFAIK the Vero doesn’t enter into a low power state, so other than just changing one CEC option on every occasion this happens to try and troubleshoot it, I’m at a bit of a loss what else I can try.

Had this issue again this morning. Is there any news on this being a 100% confirmed 19.3 related issue? Just wondering if there is any point continuing trying to troubleshoot it.

In the last week (including this morning) my Vero 4K+ got two updates. Is this an effort to remedy this issue?

No - I’m not actively working on this issue.