IR-Remote on Vero V

Yes – I’ve posted that above.

If you unplug your USB IR receiver then your HP MCE remote works with either the rc6-mce-lircd or lircd-full profiles selected doesn’t it?

I figured out the commands on a Vero V. We only need to stop eventlircd and not the helper services…

systemctl stop eventlircd

Then you can get a response to just see if it is receiving at all with…

mode2 -d /dev/lirc0 --driver default

I couldn’t figure out how to get irw working but I did actually manage to make a working conf file with…

irrecord -d /dev/lirc0 --driver default

The file isn’t perfect, and it was a PITA, but I would suppose if someone got as far as recording the direction keys they could probably look at what was recorded and figure out what their remote was actually sending to match it up to a known working conf file.

Yes, and by that I know ofc that there is no problem whatsoever with the Vero device.
I’m going to test something that I don’t know or haven’t tested. I claimed that with the Vero 4k my harmony worked fine, which is true, but also there I had the IR receiver connected (the 3.5mm one provided in the box). Will test if the harmony works without that receiver connected (I know the mce remote does)
I got a harmony elite with a hub btw …not that that should make a difference I think.

You had said earlier. I’ve never owned a bluetooth capable Harmony so I’m not sure how that may play in or not. And by that I mean I don’t know if the software configures some devices to send bluetooth signals instead of IR signals because it assumes they are capable. I think most Vero users with capable Harmony remotes opt to pair using bluetooth as it has a faster response time. That mode2 command I posted yesterday I think should tell you if it is sending IR commands as I think that is showing raw input from the IR sensor before anything is deciding what to do with the information.

Yes, i’m going to play with those commands this weekend and see what the results are :slight_smile: