I’m having a few problems with my IR remote on my Vera 4K+ since the upgrade to Kodi v19 (August 2021 update). Any help would be much appreciated.
Whilst playing back certain video files the remote doesn’t respond, or requires multiple presses.
In the log file attached I played back two files:
The first (movie “Turbo”) worked fine - playback started, I pressed right arrow to skip +10s - it obeyed, I pressed right arrow twice to skip +30s - it obeyed, I pressed stop - it stopped. Each key acted promptly and correctly.
The second (TV show “Allo Allo”) didn’t work properly. Playback started, I pressed right arrow - no result, I tried again - no result, I pressed it 3-6 times rapidly, it detected one skip (+10s), I pressed stop, nothing happened, I kept pressing stop, it eventually responded (after a 2-3 seconds and 5-10 button presses).
I’m using the Vera 4K provided IR remote sensor (the wired one) with a Harmony 650 remote using the XBox 360 IR profile.
Some additional info that might be useful:
- The UI responds fine to the remote.
- Some video files work fine, others don’t. The result is consistent (using the same file) across my Vera 4K and Vera 4K+.
- Whilst I haven’t tested the theory extensively, the problem media all seems to be older low-res (<720p) TV shows/movies, other files, including UHD and HD seem to work fine.
- The files that don’t work now, did skip and stop properly before the upgrade - so whilst things are pointing towards the media/rendering, I don’t think it’s file corruption. There’s too many files and they all worked pre-upgrade.
- If I repeatedly press Pause to get the playback to pause, then the remote becomes fully responsive again.
- I tried re-applying the remote profile (Xbox 360) in the OSMC add-on.
- I haven’t been playing with any pre-release versions of OSMC. I upgraded straight from the last stable v18 release.
I’m happy to share an example file if it helps - a 1954 episode of Popeye the Sailor must be out of copyright by now surely!?
I hope you can help.