Issue with device? storage?

hi,
i have vero4k but while it boots i see red flash, when it gets on … no Blue light is visible anymore. why?

Also i am running plex-for-kodi plugin, and that plugin is not able to save anything … why? It worked before without any issue … does it mean that local storage is gone?

i upgraded vero to the latest version … any clue?

thanks

I’d say that it’s a good chance that the eMMC is getting full. If you can SSH in, try:

df -f
du -hs .kodi/*

The first command will show how much space is available, the second will show where space is being used by Kodi. My guess would be Thumbnails.

smc@osmc:~$ df -f
df: invalid option – ‘f’
Try ‘df --help’ for more information.
osmc@osmc:~$ df -h
Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on
devtmpfs 740M 0 740M 0% /dev
tmpfs 862M 8.5M 853M 1% /run
/dev/vero-nand/root 14G 1.8G 12G 14% /
tmpfs 862M 0 862M 0% /dev/shm
tmpfs 5.0M 0 5.0M 0% /run/lock
tmpfs 862M 0 862M 0% /sys/fs/cgroup
tmpfs 173M 0 173M 0% /run/user/1000
osmc@osmc:~$ df -hs .kodi/*
df: invalid option – ‘s’
osmc@osmc:~$ df -sh .kodi/*
osmc@osmc:~$ df -h .kodi/*
Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on
osmc@osmc:~$ df -hs .kodi/*
osmc@osmc:~$

My typo the first command should have been:

df -h

and that shows plenty of space (12G) available.

The second command was du not df. But since df showed plenty of free space, we don’t really need to see the du output. Full logs would be what we need to see next.

hi, what full logs? how can i post this? so no blue light mean issue with storage?

To get a better understanding of the problem you are experiencing we need more information from you. The best way to get this information is for you to upload logs that demonstrate your problem. You can learn more about how to submit a useful support request here.

Depending on the used skin you have to set the settings-level to standard or higher, in summary:

• enable debug logging at settings->system->logging

• reboot the OSMC device twice(!)

• reproduce the issue

• upload the log set (all configs and logs!) either using the Log Uploader method within the My OSMC menu in the GUI or the ssh method invoking command grab-logs -A

• publish the provided URL from the log set upload, here

Thanks for your understanding. We hope that we can help you get up and running again shortly.

OSMC skin screenshot:

thanks,
so logs are here
Logs available at https://paste.osmc.tv/pagiqipito

I dont know what do you mean by reproduce issue, its still no blue light.

Its in my different house… i will have phy access tomorrow so not sure if debug is on or off. Atm i have only ssh access and view via remote camera that there is no blue light.

thanks

The blue light has nothing to do with storage. You have an original Vero 4K (not + model)? On my original 4K, the blue light has faded over time, and sometimes goes out. But it has nothing to do with how well the 4K works, and I know from past comments that many people would be glad if the blue light stopped working :grin:

1 Like

its original vero4k.

i dont care about light that much, issue is i have 2 identical (last updated verok4k) and on one plex-for-kodi plugin works perfectly, and on the one where blue light is not working … basically each time i run that plugin i have to Link it with my plex and all settings i execute got lost once i exit that plugin… also once the plugin is exited i need to re-link it again and again… never ending story…

on other vero4k with blue light working all works smoothly. linked plex one time and it keeps all configs /settings and dont need to relink it again…

The blue light is totally unrelated. It’s just a LED. Please post logs as requested.

https://paste.osmc.tv/pagiqipito

can i turn on Debug via console?

You Plex settings may have become corrupted:

2020-12-26 01:12:56.616 T:3822006496   ERROR: CAddon[script.plex]: failed to load addon settings from special://profile/addon_data/script.plex/settings.xml

Can you try:

cat .kodi/userdata/addon_data/script.plex/settings.xml | paste-log

and share the URL.

sure,

osmc@osmc:~$ cat .kodi/userdata/addon_data/script.plex/settings.xml | paste-log
https://paste.osmc.tv/kedipusadi

when i do that cat .kodi … settings.xml on other vero4k box where it works there is a file …

wc -l .kodi/userdata/addon_data/script.plex/settings.xml
20 .kodi/userdata/addon_data/script.plex/settings.xml

so now question is how to fix that ;0(

Yep, looks like the settings is missing for some reason. You could try copying the settings file over, or just remove and re-install plex on the problem Very.

you mean remove file or remove / reinstall whole plugin?

I would remove/reinstall the plugin.

the question is how ;-(

You can install VNC and do it remotely. Otherwise wait till you are on site

Settings > Add-on browser > All
and scroll to Plex and hit OK. That will allow you to update, configure or uninstall it.