Issue with some x265 content

I’ve got several series of a show which will not play on the Vero 4K correctly.
Audio is heard then at intervals audio drops off and you get video for around 0.5 seconds instead.

I’ve given a link to a sample I cut.

Issue with Vero 4k+ with latest Leia. But I reset to default today (Krypton) and have same issue.
Plays fine with i386 on Krypton (CPU decode). And also Fire tv 4k stick Leia RC1.

In kodi.log I get:
NOTICE: CVideoPlayerAudio::Process - stream stalled

I’ve not given logs, as I think this should be easily reproducible with the sample.
I suspect it’s with the GPU Vero uses. If so not really a Vero issue. Sorry if I should be asking over in Kodi forumn, but you guys are the best :slight_smile:

Hi,

Is playback local or from your network?

Only if the issue isn’t unique to your setup, I would suggest providing logs.

Thanks Tom.

I had hoped someone would have tried to reproduce the issue.

Playback is over the LAN. I can play 50Gb+ files, so this tiddler is not an issue.
Played the above sample with debug enabled: https://paste.osmc.tv/ifoqukexaf

The sample doesn’t terminate correctly, but up until the end has same issues as the full thing.

Thanks. I can reproduce it but with slightly different log messages. I hope someone like @sam_nazarko knows how to fix it.

Hi

I just took a quick look at this and can reproduce playback problems with the clip.
You should be able to get it to play with:

echo 16 > /sys/module/amvdec_h265/parameters/dynamic_buf_num_margin before playback. However this is not appropriate for all videos.

I will see if I can identify characteristics in your sample that warrant the increased buffer size and adjust this dynamically.

Sam

I should have a workaround for this now, but I don’t have time to test this just yet.

Sam

Changed /sys/module/amvdec_h265/parameters/dynamic_buf_num_margin from 12 to 16.
Works ok for 20 secs, then issues for another min or so. Then it it plays ok.

Sam I’ll pm you a link to the full file.