June 4k update

Hi all

I have a Vero 4k in the june update info I read

“Added support for watching TV/DVD streams in their native resolutions on Vero 4K / 4K +”

So I have the june update kodi set to 1080

4k video plays at 4k

1080 video plays at 1080

(so far so good)

but

576 video plays at 1080

So where is the setting to “support for watching TV/DVD streams in their native resolutions”

Thanks for any ideas

Did you whitelisted 576?

Hi sorry what is whitelisted 576

go to settings -> player and have a look

Thanks, did that put 576 in whitelist

a 576 video now plays for 2 sec then the screen goes black for a while then plays for 2sec and goes black for a while and so on

Think I’ve got the same issue.

All working fine before the update; now following new update any show less than 1080p is halved in size on screen.

Other half is going mental as it’s Sunday box sets day lol!

Any ideas how to fix?

Thanks x

@anon23072341
I’d first check that the resolution in settings-> system is set to 1080p 60 fps and that adjust refresh rate in settings -> player is set to On start/stop and that sync refresh rate to display in settings -> player is not selected.

Done all that still on off on off

Must be the flaky vero software 'cos my oppo 203 can play the same files as source direct 576 with no issue

A debug log (possibly a sample clip as well) would be very helpful to identify what’s going on here.

Sam

Ok how do I get a debug log?

I have tried a number of 576 files all fail so what one do you want a sample of and where do I send it too

To get a better understanding of the problem you are experiencing we need more information from you. The best way to get this information is for you to upload logs that demonstrate your problem. You can learn more about how to submit a useful support request here.

Depending on the used skin you have to set the settings-level to standard or higher, in summary:

• enable debug logging at settings->system->logging

• reboot the OSMC device

• reproduce the issue

• upload the log set either using the Log Uploader method within the My OSMC menu in the GUI or the ssh method invoking command grab-logs -A

• publish the provided URL from the log set upload, here

Thanks for your understanding. We hope that we can help you get up and running again shortly.

OSMC skin screenshot:

Well here is a thing, if I select force 422 it works ok at 576

Thanks for the how to on logs cant do it now 'cos SWMBO is watching a film off the vero

the question now will be what does force 422 do the the picture when playing a 4k HDR file

That’s useful to know, thanks.

Good news thing seem to be ok now, I do need another vero box for our bedroom I got the 4k ant the moment what will the 4k+ bring.

I have my files as NFS shares from a OMV server. I got them selected in the vero by using the look for NFS share option all work ok even 4kHDR disc rips . what improvement would I see mouting the shares in vero

I think we may have to ‘un-force’ 10-bit output for 576/480p.

why

If force 422 works and 444 doesn’t, that suggests 8-bit will work and AFAIK, there’s no 576/480p 10-bit content out there.

so with force 422 on then HDR 4k is only at 8 bit then, not 10 is that right

No. With 422, 10 or 12 bits are sent with the same timings as 444, 8-bit.