Kodi Omega Shield OSMC Scope Skin available?

Hi there - was wondering if the Scope Skin has been updated to work on the Shield with Omega? I downloaded the 20.2.1 from the github account and tried to install the zip, and nothing updated - this is the link Release OSMC Skin (Scope edition) v20.2.1 (April) · osmc/skin.osmc · GitHub

Many thanks in advance!

The scope skin has been ready for some time in the GitHub repository.

But we also launched a repository. You can use this to receive automatic skin updates as well as automatic updates when Kodi is updated.

Simply add the repository from http://get.osmcsk.in. For more detailed instructions see below:

• Go to Settings → Add-ons Enable Unknown Sources
  • Change update official add-ons from (Official repositores only (default) to Any repositories
  • Go to Settings → File Manager Select Add Source Select Browse
  • Select Add Network Location Select Web Server Directory (HTTP) Type ‘get.osmcsk.in’ and press OK
  • Now go back and go to Add-ons Select Install from zip file
  • Select ‘get.osmcsk.in’ Select ‘repository.osmcskin.zip’
  • Now go to Install from repository Select the OSMC Skin Repository
    *Select Look and feel Select the desired OSMC skin (in your case the Scope skin)

We’ll make this more obvious at https://osmcsk.in and the GitHub repository in the near future. I am hoping to rope @Chillbo in to doing this, but he is currently on vacation.

Cheers

Sam

Thank you so much Sam! Followed instructions and worked perfectly - appreciate it! :grinning:

1 Like

Thanks for confirming.

One feature I would love to see in Configuration for this skin would be setting the position of GUI and ideally video as well – lots of us with scope screens prefer to shift the image to the top or bottom of the frame, rather than the middle, so that we need to use less lens shift to reposition it, only need to mask top or bottom rather than both, etc.

We can currently do this for video during playback using the Vertical Shift feature in the OSD, but this affects only the video and not the GUI, so this would need a Skin setting to position the GUI in the upper or lower third as well… Basically an offset setting that would apply universally to vertical position for GUI and video OSD, if such a thing is possible.

And for true next-level, if the Zoom and Vertical Shift settings in video player could be applied based on the pre-set offset and the AR defined in the filename, that would mean all content regardless of AR would be displayed within the confines of the scope screen with no manual per-movie tweaking needed.

So in other words, the dream would be that (say for 1080p display and 2.4 scope), you could set an offset in the skin of 140px, which would then display the GUI and OSD 140px down from the top of the 1080p frame; video would likewise default to Vertical Shift of 140; and if you played a movie with AR177 in the filename, the Zoom for that would automatically default to .74, which would make it perfectly display at the bottom just like the 2.4 video – constant height. AR185 would default to zoom .77, AR133 would zoom to .74 (same height as 177), AR 200 would zoom to .83, etc.

Anyway, great skin, thanks for all your work. Scope can really be a pain in the ass but it’s so worth it!

First of all, I’m glad you’re enjoying the skin. It’s good to see it being used by users and giving people a nice experience :+1:t2:

We have filename ‘AR’ based automations in place for adjusting the area that’s being masked. Other automatic adjustments you’re mentioning concerning the skin would technically be possible, but a huge undertaking as I’d have to adjust each and every window of the entire skin to make the positioning of the shown controls variable based in either a setting or e.g. file name.

As much as I can understand the request, I don’t see myself doing that in the near future, I’m afraid :see_no_evil: Time is sparse atm… I hope you understand. Bookmarking this as a request though.

Got it, I had thought it was more like relative positioning in CSS, i.e. like there was one big container that held the gui and video and all other windows were children of that, so offset would only need to be applied to the parent container. As you describe, definitely not worth it!

Unfortunately, the Kodi skin engine isn’t that modern and flexible really… :see_no_evil: