Kodi shows categories instead of movies

On my Vero, when I click “Movies”/“TV Shows” in the home menu, Kodi opens the category menu, so I have to press “Titles” first, to see my movies/tv shows.

On my PC, Kodi shows the movies/tv shows (Titles) immediately.
Can I adjust any settings on my Vero, so that it does behave like Kodi on my PC?

Does it always do that, or just sometimes? I see that behavior every once and a while on both my Pi and my PC. It happens when accidently select twice with the “..” turned on so it is clicking on that as soon as it enters movie view.

It does always happen, except for when I use the home button on the OSMC remote while I already am in the titles and then go immediately back into the library I exited out with the home button.

What are you using for a remote? Do you have a keyboard you can plug in and see if it happens when you navigate in with that instead.

I’m using the OSMC remote that shipped with the Vero. I already tested with a keyboard, it’s the same as with the remote.

What remote control do you use?

The official one

Are you using a shared MySQL database or a local database?

I just set up a shared MySQL database an hour ago.

It’s possible that you are losing connection to the database. Posting logs may show where the problem is.

https://paste.osmc.tv/fekemikulo

I would recommend removing the name tags from your advancedsettings.xml

I would recommend removing the name tags from your advancedsettings.xml

That didn’t change anything.

Did you scrape the library again? Is this database shared yet, or are you in progress of setting it up?

Using those specific name tags are known to be problematic. I would recommend either dropping the db (you can do this easy with something like heidisql) and restart Kodi to make a new db, or else add the name tags back but use something other than “myvideos” and “mymusic” and then restart to make a new database. This will of course require you to rescan your library either way.

Did you scrape the library again?

I did.

Is this database shared yet, or are you in progress of setting it up?

I followed this tutorial to the end of the first post, so yes, i guess.

@darwindesign @bmillham
I am pretty sure my Vero behaved the same before using a shared MySQL database. Could Samba also be the reason for this?

FYI: I don’t even need a shared db but I just wanted to play around with kodi. I will switch back to a local database anyways.

I would at this point do as @darwindesign suggested and use a tool like heidisql to verify that the database is being built correctly.

Why would I need an additional tool for doing this?

Do you know how to access a mysql database from the command line and run SQL queries? If not it’s easier to use another tool.