Lag while in Kodi

The kodi logs were only for a few seconds, and there was no scan done. You also have turned off logging in your advancedsettings.xml file.

EDIT: I think the advancedsettings was causing kodi to not log anything, thus the confusion.

Kodi was on for for 3 hours and I did 3 scans. I donā€™t know what is going on.

Read my edit above, you turned off Kodi logging completely in your advancedsettings.

i just went in there and I donā€™t know how in the world that is in my advancedsettings, it was not in my original. I will reboot, build a new log and get back to you.

I hope this one is right

http://paste.osmc.tv/xifacegida

No cigar, Iā€™m afraid.

1:21:37.545 T:4076659280  NOTICE: Disabled debug logging due to GUI setting. Level 0.

Debug logging has been disabled.

Ok then I am at a loss. I will come back to this in a day or 2. Frustarted and this makes no sense.

Thank you for all your input.

How about this one (frustrated and hate quitting)

http://paste.osmc.tv/wobewoguki

Ok, finally got real (partial) debug logs, and it shows that the scan took about 8 minutes. The speed seems slow, about .5 seconds/directory, so your next step is to look at the networking between the 4K and the NAS (I suspect the NAS over the database as the slowdown appears to be file access)

You could do some testing with iperf3. Or instead of using Kodi mounts you could switch to using fstab or autofs mounts as they perform better.

Ok I will start reading up into that. Thank you.

@bmillham

Hey Bill, how did you get this report? Did you manually summarize this for your post or is there an easy command to display this?

Cheers,
Robert

Ok so just to check and see what is going on, I switched to wifi to see if my switch inbetween was my problem, no change, was 3 seconds difference. What I donā€™t understand is why the vero4k takes as long as it is compared to my old zidoo x6 box takes 129 seconds to complete same search. It has the same settings as the vero and I put it on wifi as well.

Are you connected to 2.4Ghz or 5Ghz WiFi network?
Do your 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz networks have the same SSID?

You have a highly configured set-up (eg web server on port 8020) and IMO there are simply too many variables.

I think the next step has to be start with a basic system that has the absolute minimum of configuration necessary to be able to run a scan. So:

First stop mediacenter: systemctl stop mediacenter.
Then rename your /home/osmc/.kodi directory to something else.
Start mediacenter: systemctl start mediacenter and add your data sources. (Iā€™d recommend that you stick with Kodi-based (libnfs) NFS shares for now.)
Then run a scan.

Donā€™t:
Change the webserver port or use your MySQL database. (Youā€™ll be using the local sqlite database for now.)
If you have Yatse, Kore or any other smartphone app, donā€™t point it at the new system.

Letā€™s then see how a clean system runs on your network.