Last update broke RC6-MCE remote

Turns out you shouldn’t change 2 things at once :wink: Who knew :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
When it first stopped working I reconfigured the remote and told it to simulate a OSMC Vero 4K … and it didn’t work.Then I remembered…I didn’t reconfigure the remote when I got my vero4k … it was already configured for a solid run i4pro … I changed back to that and the remote works again :smiley:
So I’m happy. Thanks everyone

My harmony remote stopped working.
I own a harmony 650 remote, it is programmed to use [OSMC Vero 4k]

My standard remote that came included with my Vero4K still works. Please let me know if there is any information I can provide or any testing I can do for you.

Try updating to make sure u got the latest latest build. Try switching ir remote layout and then back to the one you used.

1 Like

@Chris1bass

1. Verify you’re using the actual kernel: GUI Settings -> Systeminfo -> Info you should see kernel information 3.14.29-69 or higher somewhere. If not rerun a manual update under MyOSMC -> Updates

2. When you’re using the Harmony 650, you have programmed the 650 to simulate a specific device’s remote: Go to MyOSMC -> Remote and check whether this device is still configured; you recognize the active remote profile by the second line which is also in yellow/orange color for the active IR remote. To be sure you can revert and confirm it again.

Btw. I’m using the xbox360 remote profile with the Vero 4k and my Harmony 650 but this would mean you have to reprogram your Logitech Harmony.

Thank you!
I did an update about 7 hours before posting. It was my understanding that I was on the latest version, however after checking my kernel information I was not on the latest version. I did a manual update, i am now on the latest update. Did two restarts, and it is not working as it was before.

As a side note, the only active remote under MyOSMC>Remote was the standard vero4k remote. There was no Logitech or any other remote that was marked as active (highlighted in white vs non highlighted)

As a side note, which “remote” profile do you recommend? Both in MyOSMC menu and in the remote programming mode.

@Chris1bass Try checking with the Logitech app/web site what device profile you have programmed for the Vero 4k on the 650. As I said I’m not using the Vero profile from the Logitech database but instead the xbox360 one. This used profile from Logitech has to be enabled at MyOSMC->Remote as well.

I was adviced to use the xbox360 profile by @sam_nazarko long time ago and it really worked most stable for me with my 650 and all Veros.

I use the xbox360 with my harmony 650 and it works really well. I use an add-on to tweak some of the keys but even out of the box it is great.

Thanks to Sam for fixing all the issues over the last 24 hours. All back to normal for me again.

Thanks
-Mat