Late change resolution on anime

Hi, I have started to watch some animes (jap + subs) on 720p and also 1080p and have a weird behavior. Mkv starts to play ok and after some seconds (like 4 or 5) I get black screen and then continous all perfect. Seems I lose like 1 sec of the video while doing it.

I uploaded a log just after reboot Vero 4k and seems it’s a change of resolution. Shouldn’t it do it at beggining as it does on 4k movies?

Log is: https://paste.osmc.tv/vegixagoli

It doesn’t happen with other mkv from US tv series, only noticed it on two animes. It’s not an important problem but seems weird when all works perfect on Vero 4k+.

Thnx!

Is Adjust Refresh Rate set to Always or on Start / Stop

I watch a lot of Jap anime and I have Adjust Refresh Rate to Always and I see the black screen happen as well (same as OP) which I see as normal behavior for videos like this as I see this happen in other content as well as I see it kodi setting itself up accordingly to the source resolution and refresh rate.

I’d recommend changing to Start / Stop and seeing if this still causes an issue.

Sam

Hi, I had it on always, changed to start/stop and same problem. I send you a private message with link for a mkv if wanna try if have same behavior.

That’s nothing really new or a bug happens on a lot of funny encoded videos or videos with funny specs. I see that a lot on YouTube videos or twitch streams.

Video starts playing plays for 5 sec screen goes dark for 1 sec than comes back and plays normally till the end

Will try to find an example

I reported the same issue here:
https://discourse.osmc.tv/t/change-of-refresh-rate-does-not-occur-for-10-seconds-on-some-video-files/77433/8

The problem here is that the hints (from the container don’t match the source video).
Not much we can do here really – unless we choose to ignore any container framerates

@sam_nazarko

Since I said I’ll look for an example I just did… Watching Twitch.tv If stream is 60.00 fps according to the info provided by menu displayed if you click the 3 line button during playback the stream will start playing and won’t go black. However if the stream is 59.940 fps the stream will start playing play for 3 sec go black for one sec and then come back and play fine until you decide to quit.