Latest VERO4K May release broken Remote IR Mapping for XBOX ONE / 360 Remotes

Thanks Sam. Agree. This is low priority. Don’t worry about this. I will make this as Resolved. Kindly get this merged in to next release I as installed it via DEV repo.

The fixes for remotes are already available via the standard update channel.

Thank you for testing and confirming.

Sam

@sam_nazarko Unfortunately build you gave me not seems to be merged in to June release. Reason I can confirm this is Context Menu key was mapped to a long press IR key and it stop working after June update.

Please give me the same fix even as a HOTFIX I am ok.

I replied to another post my experience was the same after June update but this was without testing the Context Menu key…

Please confirm changes you said you will merge is June release…

@sniferx1 All the changes made available in the May update for remote support were also included in the June update. I believe the issue is have is that you have to press keys quickly. I know you said you could live with this but I’m seeing what can be done to fix it

Sam

@sam_nazarko for more clarity I was referring to the FIX you provided to me via dev branch. I was happy with it as even with double pressing I am able to use the remote.

However since June update long press key (my back button is context menu once long pressed) not working at all.

Please see what you can do and I am happy to test it.

I can prove my point as when used Key map editor to program the Context Menu, VERO4K June kernel not recognising long key press (IR) due the way system currently behaving.

I have experienced this same behaviour when you initially released the FIX for IR issue in May but when you release another improved kernel for me ( details are above) this issue was fixed.

So I am now very convinced that what ever fix you provided to me not in this June release Sam.

I am trying to drill down to real issue here and hope above will help you to trouble shoot.

@sam_nazarko anu luck of trying a fix for this issue? Every time I need to use the context menu I am using my Mobile remote and hope you can understand my pain…

Can you issue the fix you provided to me in this forum topic as a HOTFIX? I am happy to apply this every month if required post a majour release…

I just need the IR kernel to be whatever it was in April…

Did you try the latest fix? Because I made changes and suggested them to you and @mlavende. I believe that’s when we then had the compromise.

Anyway – pretty sure what it is and we can put it to bed once and for all, but need to make sure it doesn’t affect anyone else.

@sam_nazarko really sorry as I am not aware of this. Can you please highlight the forum post therefore I can test this?

I did check my forum mail and can’t find anything specific to this.

Hope you can help with this and I will test and report today itself…

@sam_nazarko can you kindly point me to the fix details therefore I can test this?

Hi @sniferx1

I believe you tested them before. I remember saying that we wouldn’t release an update until we confirmed things were working; but it’s possible there was some confusion.

There are so many IR threads with duplicate posts I can’t easily find it. But I’m pretty sure I know what the issue is. Things are getting more quiet now (had a ton of orders) so I am hoping we can address this tomorrow. I’ll ping you with a fix and would love it if you could test.

Sam

Thanks @sam_nazarko. I will test

@sam_nazarko any luck with the fix?

Not yet – as I’m struggling to reproduce the problem using an Xbox 360 Media Remote on my Vero 4K.

Once I can reproduce the issue I should be able to fix it.

Sorry @sam_nazarko but your reply is very confusing. Earlier you already fix this provided the fix to me and I tested and report back the results.

Your team didn’t merg the fix I tested to the June release and I am not getting the functionally which was working prior to June release.

I know you are busy and I am asking to restore what was working before.

Each time I need to open the Context menu currently I am using the IPhone App

The fix was merged
I recall you reporting it as working.

I’m having problems reproducing your issue with the current release, but I will post some test improvements very shortly. I can’t verify whether they will improve the situation for you however as I’m struggling to reproduce it locally (as are other people on the team)

Sam

@sam_nazarko fix you issued to me 100% not merged. I posted evidence of this in this post.

I was happy with the fox provided but it’s not in the June release.

Kindly read above posts from me as I clearly posted the evidence of this

Give me a day or so and I’ll check this out and give you something to test.
I’m pretty sure we had made some further changes and asked for them to be tested before inclusion, and that they were reported as working well, but nonetheless, it’s important we just get this resolved (and we will)

Sam

@sam_nazarko I can see July update now released. Did you include the IR fix in this release?

Hi @sniferx1

I did. No idea if it works as I still can’t reproduce the issue, but I posted test builds here:

Unfortunately because there are so many duplicate threads for this issue I didn’t post the proposed fix in this thread.

I hope this works for you now.

Sam