Lip-sync errors after latest update?

Yes. No lip sync settings in the TV, only a delay setting wich only comes into play for spdif, it does nothing with hdmi which l have

I had a poke around the interwebs and it would seem that Samsung has hidden the lip sync settings in a hidden menu. I also saw that there were people having audio sync issues with various models of their newer TV’s and multichannel audio. You said you tried outputting two channel LPCM and had no effect so that does not exactly match what I was seeing others post. You might check to see if their is a firmware update for your TV just in case.

Unfortunately you need a different remote from the one they deliver with the TV to access that hidden menu, so that is out of my reach.

However, I have now found out that without dolby or dolby+ the delay goes away. But with such settings the sound of course is bad.

I have not been able to get multi channel audio to work with the TV, only by setting the chanels to 2 and passthru as ac3 and eac3.
What does the Audio device setting do, shouldnt 5.1 sound work on my TV if I select the aml-m8audio HDMI?
The TV has a setting for Bitstream or pcm, but seems to work the same regardless and accept all passthru but handle multichannel completely wrong

(Might the reason I saw no difference without passthru before be that I had the encode as ac3 enabled?)

As far as “sounding bad” I don’t know exactly what that means. You said you were only using the speakers built into your TV so this would normally just be stereo your listening to. Do you have some kind of satellite speakers attached to that TV or sound coming out of just the built in speakers on the TV?

As for the sound settings the channel setting is to set how many LPCM (uncompressed) channels your downstream device supports. When your using passthrough this setting is not relevant. The setting in your TV to switch between the two is only there in case it does not automatically detect the correct format. They are never sent at the same time for the TV to be able to choose between them.

If you TV has this buggy firmware, which it sounds like it does, then turn off ALL passthrough and set your device to 2 channels as that is what your TV reports that it supports…

====================== Audio Cap =================== k3dRrf31
CodingType MaxChannels SamplingFreq SampleSize
PCM, 2 ch, 32/44.1/48 kHz, 16/20/24 bit
AC-3, 6 ch, 32/44.1/48 kHz,  bit
Dobly_Digital+, 8 ch, 32/44.1/48 kHz, 16 bit

---------------------- Audio Cap END --------------- k3dRrf31

Yes it would seem the tv is to blame, right?

As far as ‘bad sound’ the tv has a 4.2 speaker setup inside it (not sure, but maybe you are right that it still only plays 2.0 sound after decoding) and it does a far better job of delivering good immersive sound if fed dolby than if it gets 2.0 stereo.
But then the sync is out of whack.

And weirdly it was not so a few months ago so I guess it got broken by some firmware upgrade. Google tells me my version got rolled out in november so I guess that must be it

It would seem most likely the TV as there are reports online with similar model TV’s that describe this behavior, and Kodi doesn’t really have a mechanism that would allow it to act as you describe. The reports I was reading online said that their TV’s did not ship with this issue, but it happened with a firmware update. As for the “immersive” sound I would suspect that is probably just one of those simulated surround sound effects. You might look in your TV menus to see if that can be turned on with PCM as well.