Lip-sync errors after latest update?

My latest tests were with v18.8-61, now I see there is 18.8-63…
In which version did you add your latest fixes?

I can confirm that the delays are working much better with the latest updates, though I still cannot use “Denon Auto-Lipsync”, which delays too much (96ms). I had to fiddle around finding a good value (45ms delay currently in set on AVR).
But there are still videos (Dolby Atmos) where the value doesn’t fit.
Everything on passthrough.

I will test some more with 18.8-63 tomorrow if the last 2 updates changed anything audio related.

Those version numbers look like @gmc nightly builds, not stable v18 builds.

Yes, indeed.
I am currently updating to gmc-19.
Aren’t your fixes added to those builds as well?

GMC does track those patches; but I believe he only syncs them periodically.
The issue should be resolved in stable (v18 builds)

Sam

Thank you for posted this fix into staging. I’ve been frustrated with audio sync for a bit over a month now having to resort to manually adjusting it on a per-playback basis (because as pointed out it wasn’t consistent in how far it was out of sync). I updated to the version in the devel repo and removed my sync overrides in advancedsettings.xml. Now the audio is in sync, at least for what I’ve played thus far.

Thanks again.

1 Like

Great. I thought I had updated all of the posts which referred to this issue but may have missed this thread

Sam

When can we expect this to be released Sam? Ta

It will be released at the end of the month as part of the July update

Sam

1 Like

Dear Sam,

I too have the lipsync issue on my Vero 4K+.

But not for a single moment I have regretted buying your device. The level of commitment you are putting in your work is really astonishing. I really really hope you dont leave this project for some big company (although I would understand). Thank you for your work. The Vero 4K+ is one of the (or perhaps the most) complete and best supported devices I own. Other companies could learn a lot from you :wink: looking forward to the july update end this month !!

4 Likes

Hello.
I started having lipsync problems a while ago, as I reported in this thread:

But since this seem to be the big delay thread, even though it is old, I post it here as well in the hope I will get a solution.
I bought my 4k+ during the summer sale, so probably have never used any version before 18. Yet sync used to be good and now it is not (Todays setting is .225 ahead on a couple of things I’ve been watching)
Please help me. Once setup is complete, watching stuff needs to be “plugandplay” else your lovely machine turns into something just causing anger

Try turning off passthrough in your audio settings and see what happens. Also keep in mind that any file that you manually adjusted audio offset on will remember that setting and reload it on subsequent playback.

I have tried with passthru off and on without difference, like I wrote in the othert thread.
Also in the other thread I have two logs uploaded if that might be helpful

Enable HPD lock in settings and see if that improves things.

Tried that. No change. Still .225 on several media

It’s been a while since we had the 250ms out issue.

Does it occur with all content or just some?

Sam

All content as far as I can tell

All content sdeemed to be .175 delayed just recently and was stable like that for a few weeks and now for a few days all content as far as I can tell is .225 delayed.
And weirdly there was a couple of days inbetween when the delay was gone

Do you have an AVR?
Does this happen with a direct TV connection?

Sam

Have you looked in your TV menus for lip sync or similar settings that could be offsetting the audio on the TV side?

Directly to TV, a Samsung qe65q8dna