Lirc remote not working in oct/nov update

Hi. I have had a box runing for “years” and only problem is once in a while the remote (a harmony thrue a gpio ir reciver). Sometimes my lirc mapping file "disepears during update but thats easly fixed just copy it over and change in “remote”.

But now I cant get it to work. I have copied the lircd file to etc/lirc, and picked it in the remote list but it wont do anything.

Anyone else? Anything changed in this update?

To get a better understanding of the problem you are experiencing we need more information from you. The best way to get this information is for you to upload logs that demonstrate your problem. You can learn more about how to submit a useful support request here.

Depending on the used skin you have to set the settings-level to standard or higher, in summary:

• enable debug logging at settings->system->logging

• reboot the OSMC device twice(!)

• reproduce the issue

• upload the log set (all configs and logs!) either using the Log Uploader method within the My OSMC menu in the GUI or the ssh method invoking command grab-logs -A

• publish the provided URL from the log set upload, here

Thanks for your understanding. We hope that we can help you get up and running again shortly.

OSMC skin screenshot:

Tom

Also make sure that your system is up to date

Hi. Sorry for the delay but have tried to find a solution if I did something wrong but as far as I can tell I used a lircd.conf backup file that I have used before. Put it in the /etc/lirc so it shows up under “remotes” and pick it. But the remote refuses to work…

https://paste.osmc.tv/olonoxoves

Hope there is something in there. Otherwaise I guess I will have to redo the mapping.

/KG

A very recent thread here LIRC not working on Pi3 after October 2020 update - #15 by andybadshot contains a suggestion that this might be an issue with Debian Buster and/or kernel 4.19.

There is another thread on the Raspberry Pi forum, dating as far back as March 2019, where this issue is discussed: [Bullseye/Buster/Stretch] Using LIRC on gpio-ir with kernel 4.19 or later - Raspberry Pi Forums

Thanks. I will read up on it.

I have a harmony remote. So I guess I could try and load it with a diffrent setup to get it working as a “standard remote” or something. Will have a look.

/KG

I have done some testing. Wanted to dubble check that the hardware was good. But dont get any input signal when doing mode2 -d /dev/lirc0 so I have ordered a new to try it out. I do have small kids pulling on everything… Will post back.

OK, today I got to swap the IR reciver and everything worked! So tank you for your help!

1 Like