Load roms/games from NAS/network location

Bummer…

I tried
//192.168.1.139/osmc/roms /home/osmc/RetroPie/roms/ cifs noauto,x-systemd.automount,username=guestread,password=MyRealPassword,iocharset=utf8,sec=ntlm 0 0

And
//192.168.1.139/osmc/roms /home/osmc/RetroPie/roms/ cifs username=guestread,password=MyRealPassword,iocharset=utf8,sec=ntlm,noauto,x-systemd.automount 0 0

Neither worked, meaning that running ls /home/osmc/RetroPie/roms displays only rom rather than all of the rom/system folders upon reboot or even after sudo mount -a

So far to only thing that works in /etc/fstab is @Toast’s
//192.168.1.139/osmc/roms /home/osmc/RetroPie/roms/ cifs username=guestread,password=MyRealPassword,iocharset=utf8,sec=ntlm 0 0

BUT… this requires me to SSH in and manually run sudo mount -a

Any other ideas to automate the mount upon a reboot without the need to SSH in and run mount -a?

I know you said to NEVER alter the rc.local… but what about
sudo nano /etc/rc.local
mount -a or mount /home/osmc/RetroPie/roms/

Thanks Crew

the rc.local edit does NOT work.

Bangs head on the wall after trying many different options…

I have also tried

//192.168.1.139/osmc/roms /home/osmc/RetroPie/roms/ cifs auto,x-systemd.automount,username=guestread,password=XXX,_netdev,uid=1000,iocharset=utf8,sec=ntlm 0 0
And

//192.168.1.139/osmc/roms /home/osmc/RetroPie/roms/ cifs auto,x-systemd.automount,cache=none,rsize=130048,wsize=57344,users,username=guestread,password=XXX,_netdev,uid=1000,iocharset=utf8,sec=ntlm 0 0

to no avail…

SOLVED!

Under Programs/OSMC/Network/Wired I had to enable: wait for network.

Now the following automounts without a manual: sudo mount -a

osmc@OSMC:~$ sudo cat /etc/fstab
/dev/mmcblk0p1 /boot vfat defaults,noatime    0   0
/dev/mmcblk0p2 /     ext4 defaults,noatime    0   0
//192.168.1.139/osmc/roms /home/osmc/RetroPie/roms/ cifs username=guestread,password=XXX,iocharset=utf8,sec=ntlm 0 0

SO MANY HOURS… for 1 SIMPLE switch

1 Like