Lock Preferences for SMB

Your fstab is a total mess! And you didn’t fix the problem I pointed out to you (not that it matters since the file is so messed up it won’t work). Give me a few minutes and I’ll try to create one for you.

Try this:

/dev/mmcblk0p1  /boot    vfat     defaults,noatime,noauto,x-systemd.automount    0   0
#rootfs is not mounted in fstab as we do it via initramfs. Uncomment for remount (slower boot)#/dev/mmcblk0p2  /    ext4      defaults,noatime    0   0
//192.168.1.1/Movies /mnt/Server_Movies cifs x-systemd.automount,noauto,rw,iocharset=utf8,username=admin,password=admin,uid=osmc,gid=osmc,file_mode=0770,dir_mode=0770 0 0

I had tried to edit it in Notepad ++ to make it easier in Windows rather than sudo nano. COuld I have putzed it up by doing that?

Very likely. Use nano to edit it.

That got me further before I flew off the rails :smile:

I typed:
sudo mount -a
sudo systemctl daemon-reload
sudo systemctl restart-fs.target
cd /mnt/Server_Movies

and got back:
-bash: cd: /mnt/Server_Movies: No such device

Did you reboot?

Show the results of:

$ mount

$ mount

According to that, the share is ready to be mounted via the automounter.

I’d like to see:

$ ls -l /mnt | paste-log
$ cd /mnt/Server_Movies | paste-log
$ dmesg | paste-log

I don’t have a net connection on the pi. How do I make those logs so that I can copy and paste them for you?

You can just type the commands (without the | paste-log bit) and share them like you did the other stuff.

https://paste.osmc.tv/tateqotuza.vhdl

[  106.866128] CIFS VFS: cifs_mount failed w/return code = -6

Ok, something is not right with your server. You’ve tried Kodi based mounts and fstab based mounts, and it’s not working for either.

You’ve mentioned several times that the Pi has ‘No Internet Access’. It has local network access, but no internet? Can you ping the system where your movies are?

@gabbleratchett
So it looks that you don’t have a network connection at all on the Pi? But I assume you execute the commands via ssh?

[ 2676.871672] smsc95xx 1-1.1:1.0 eth0: link down
[ 2678.536031] smsc95xx 1-1.1:1.0 eth0: link up, 100Mbps, full-duplex, lpa 0xCDE1
[ 2690.311480] smsc95xx 1-1.1:1.0 eth0: link down
[ 2691.976011] smsc95xx 1-1.1:1.0 eth0: link up, 100Mbps, full-duplex, lpa 0xCDE1
[ 2700.975516] smsc95xx 1-1.1:1.0 eth0: link down
[ 2702.544167] smsc95xx 1-1.1:1.0 eth0: link up, 100Mbps, full-duplex, lpa 0xCDE1

Can you post the output of
ifconfig
and
smbclient -L 192.168.1.1

I have the pi hooked up to the router with a cable, and I’m sshing from a laptop wirelessly. Then switching my laptop to the mifi for internet to respond to these posts. It’s unwieldy, but there’s no wired internet out here in the woods :blush:

https://paste.osmc.tv/iraqetacej.sm

Sorry for the smbclient you first need to install it (not sure how you do that without internet)
sudo apt-get install smbclient

Done. I can connect it to the mifi, but not at the same time as the router with the shares. Seems I should be able to have a wired and wireless connection at the same time, but that’s for the next never ending post.

After reinstalling smbclient (how would it get uninstalled between episode viewings!?) and rebooting, I am still asked for lock preferences.

So what is the output of smbclient -L 192.168.1.1?

It asks for osmc’s password. But what password? osmc for ssh, admin for the router? (and I promise I use good passwords for devices connected to the world!)

I tried both of those and the error was the same:

Server requested LANMAN password (share-level security) but ‘client lanman auth = no’ or ‘client ntlmv2 auth = yes’
tree connect failed: NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED

The smb password that you have for the shares on the server? I forgot if you have created a osmc user or not. If yes use osmc user (via -U switch) and give the respective password you have set on the server.
smbclient -L 192.168.1.1 -U osmc

In trying to simplify things, I reduced users on the router to just the admin account. Admin:Admin is all there is on there right now.