MCE Remote not working after December Update

Know it’s work so I have 2 sdcard :

• one with IR work
  • one with IR don’t work

So I will compare two and I will report back soon

/lib/modules/4.9.29-13-osmc/kernel/drivers/staging/ is empty on fails december update
In this directory, there is /lib/modules/4.9.29-13-osmc/kernel/drivers/staging/media/lirc/ files.

Why lirc kernel driver are missing in my first update ? I don’t know.
If you have an idea or a log i can check ?

A lot of kernel drivers are missing.
How to force update ?

Kernel drivers are part of the kernel package, which you therefore need to reinstall:

sudo apt-get install --reinstall rbp2-image-4.9.29-13-osmc

between yesterday with 4.9.29-13 and today, there is a 4.9.29-15 so, an apt-get dist-upgrade solve the problem.

Thanks

Thanks to @TheLapin for bringing this up again.
@ActionA: The following: sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade

produced lots of errors for me. Some file system errors actually. After battling through them and rebooting osmc, it automatically fixed some filesystem errors as my Pi hanged but got stuck on this error:

dpkg: unrecoverable fatal error, aborting: files list file for package 'rbp2-image-4.9.29-15-osmc' contains empty filename E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (2)

was the error I got after several attempts. After some more fighting, the following got me past it:

sudo rm /var/lib/dpkg/info/rbp2-image-4.9.29-15-osmc.list

then I re-ran:

sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade with success.

After that my harmony remote actually responded! Mind you, it was triple commands. I tried reducing a setting in the harmony settings to ‘0’ (see this post: https://discourse.osmc.tv/t/multiple-remote-presses-in-2015-07-1/6507/4) but it didn’t change anything. Picked mce in the remotes sections under MyOSMC and it also didn’t change anything.

At the end, I chose the lircd remote for harmony and it worked. Picking the mce6 continued to produce triple commands being sent.

Either way, everything is working now. Although I forgot what “Exit” command is supposed to be mapped (I picked return) and all is good.

I probably could have resolved this by just formatting the sdcard, but I’m too stubborn at this point.

Well I would not only recommend a formatting but getting a new card. Filesystem corruption always has a reason (power off without shutdown or a broken SD card). so if you consider the content of your SD Card valuable (otherwise why not reformating) you should surely consider a SD Card replacement.

We quietly doubled our SD card to 32GB last week

Performance is up too. Faster than SD controller on Pi can handle, so it will not be a limiting factor.

I think the next time something like this happens, I will just format the card as you said and start fresh rather than trying to fix anything.

OSMC is linked to MySQL on my NAS, so I have no critical data on my OSMC Pi.