Media library lost a lot of files

Hi,
Recently, i noticed that a lot of media have disapeared. I tried clean media, and update media library, without success.
BUT, all the files are still there on my nas.
So, I went to “Video”, all files are present. And if I do “analyse to media” for a file, the media library is updated !!!

Thanks for help

Is your source directory still set up as “Movies”? Make sure it isn’t “None”.

Source is set up as “Movies”.
For information, the media library still has some files, but not all, less than 50%.

In the pullout menu on the left, do you have Hide Watched ticked on?

nope.
I added a new file on the nas, then made an update media library. This new file was found and analysed, as well as some old files that were present before in the library. Unfortunately, the update didn’t found all the other files.

We now need to see logs demonstrating a library update.

To get a better understanding of the problem you are experiencing we need more information from you. The best way to get this information is for you to upload logs that demonstrate your problem. You can learn more about how to submit a useful support request here.

Depending on the used skin you have to set the settings-level to standard or higher, in summary:

• enable debug logging at settings->system->logging

• reboot the OSMC device twice(!)

• reproduce the issue

• upload the log set either using the Log Uploader method within the My OSMC menu in the GUI or the ssh method invoking command grab-logs -A

• publish the provided URL from the log set upload, here

Thanks for your understanding. We hope that we can help you get up and running again shortly.

OSMC skin screenshot:

log is here : http://paste.osmc.io/zujavuxugo.vhdl

there are 191 elements in /mnt/films, and 84 in /mnt/films_2.
i noticed that in the log, all the videos with a directory ‘bdmv’ are not found.
in osmc, it shows only 100 movies.

Go to Video>files and check to make sure this bdmv is setup as a source and try to navigate into it from there to make sure Kodi can actually reach it. You only provided the Kodi log and we can’t see your sources from that.

Otherwise…

Go to Video>files and then context menu on one of your movie sources with missing library items. Select ‘change content’ and change the type from ‘movie’ to ‘none’ and then hit OK. When it asks if you want to remove these items from the library select NO. Context menu on that folder again and select ‘set content’, and then set the type back to ‘movie’ and hit OK. When it asks if you want to rescan to the library select yes. Check the library to see if this makes at least most of the movies show up again.

yes !! this was the solution. I had to do some updates , but I get back all the movies.
thanks for your help

1 Like