Vero4K Movie library has lost titles

Hi,

A little confused by what has happened and hoping someone can give me a hand.
My Vero4K+ has been setup for awhile and really not had any issues to speak of.
I have a Movie library and TV Show library which are being read from a NAS using autofs and smb.

I went away for the weekend and my Mum had quite a bit of trouble using the Vero4K+. The GUI wasn’t responding and was getting stuck. Upon my arrival back home I witnessed the behaviour and was able to resolve it using

sudo systemctl restart mediacenter

followed by a reboot. I’d love to know what was going on, but suspect I’ve lost evidence in logs through the reboot…

Anywho, after resolving that, I have noticed that there are titles missing from my movie library, which were definitely there before going away. In an attempt to get them back into the library I performed the suggestion made here
https://discourse.osmc.tv/t/media-library-lost-a-lot-of-files/84603/8?u=wolf7250
Unfortunately this has not resolved it and there are still missing titles.
I’m happy to provide debug logs, but of what in particular?
Thanks in advance :grinning:

A good starting place would just be full logs (and do not reboot before sharing logs! If you only rebooted once then there may be some clues to your original problem in the logs)

Just a guess from what you’ve described, but it sounds like it lost contact with the NAS. Logs hopefully will give us a better idea.

1 Like

Thanks @bmillham I have not rebooted again and the logs below are the result of

grab-logs -A

https://paste.osmc.tv/girovahahe

Just to clarify, you can go to (home screen)>videos>files>… and your content is there and playable but it is missing from the library? If so did you check in the library view that it was not put in a view mode such that it filtering the view? You can check that in the sidebar or if your using the Vero remote holding down the select button will cycle between “all” and “unwatched” views.

1 Like

Oh dear. I feel like a right idiot.
There WAS a filter being applied to filter out all watched items. When I unchecked that all the missing movies returned to the library view.

My guess is that when the GUI froze and the remote wasn’t responding, my Mum must have been clicking around and accidentally set that filter.

Thank you!

P.s. on another note, when I looked at the logs I noticed that the movie and tv show scraper seems to be looking for some old directories (and fails to find them). I removed/renamed them in a general tidy up/improvement of naming conventions on my NAS. How am I able to remove these so the scraper doesn’t continue to search for them? An example of this from the logs is:

2022-04-12 10:18:02.961 T:16651 WARNING <general>: Process directory '/mnt/helios4/media/Movies/Batman-Begins/' does not exist - skipping scan.
2022-04-12 10:18:02.962 T:16651 WARNING <general>: Process directory '/mnt/helios4/media/Movies/Captain-America_Civil-War/' does not exist - skipping scan.
2022-04-12 10:18:02.963 T:16651 WARNING <general>: Process directory '/mnt/helios4/media/Movies/God's-Not-Dead-2/' does not exist - skipping scan.
2022-04-12 10:18:02.965 T:16651 WARNING <general>: Process directory '/mnt/helios4/media/Movies/God's-Not-Dead/' does not exist - skipping scan.
2022-04-12 10:18:02.966 T:16651 WARNING <general>: Process directory '/mnt/helios4/media/Movies/Star-Wars_A-New-Hope/' does not exist - skipping scan.
2022-04-12 10:18:02.967 T:16651 WARNING <general>: Process directory '/mnt/helios4/media/Movies/The-Dark-Knight-Rises/' does not exist - skipping scan.
2022-04-12 10:18:02.968 T:16651 WARNING <general>: Process directory '/mnt/helios4/media/Movies/The-Dark-Knight/' does not exist - skipping scan.
2022-04-12 10:18:02.969 T:16651 WARNING <general>: Process directory '/mnt/helios4/media/Movies/The-Lord-of-the-Rings_The-Fellowship-of-the-RIng_2001/' does not exist - skipping scan.
2022-04-12 10:18:02.970 T:16651 WARNING <general>: Process directory '/mnt/helios4/media/Movies/X-Men_Days-of-Future-Past_2014/' does not exist - skipping scan.
1 Like

I believe that texturecache.py can do that for you.

1 Like

Thanks!
I think that looks like exactly what I’m after. I’ll give it a crack tonight.

2 Likes

I’ve had a go at using texturecache to remove what appears to be redundant movie directories from my library. It didn’t seem to work, and reading a bit more into it on the kodi wiki, it seems to be specifically related to artwork related tasks?

I’ve additionally completely removed my “Movie” source and selected "remove all items from library path. And then re-added the source and re-scraped.
Unfortunately it still seems to be looking for old/outdated directories…

You probably will get better answers at this point on the Kodi forums as this is definately not a Vero/OSMC specific issue.

1 Like

Fair point.
Thanks

1 Like

Kodi has a “path” section in its database where it keeps track of scraping info. It also has another section where it tracks information including watched status. Neither are normally touched when removing them from Kodi. It is a bit of a double edged sword as in some cases this information is helpful (accidental deletions for example). Although I have no information on how effective it is I believe the current preferred way to deal with this is the video database cleaner add-on…

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=272112

1 Like

Thank you @darwindesign i’ll check out that addon and see how I go