MediaTek MT7610UN Driver?

Here is my log… Here

Here is the lsmod print HERE

More information…

MediaTek MT7610U (RT2860)

Thinking about sending my adapter back, unless this is/will be supported.

A bump after 9 hours is a bit cheeky!

sudo apt-get install usbutils
lsusb | paste-log

Paste URL here

Can also try this temporarily:

sudo -s
modprobe mt7601u
echo "0e8d 7610" > /sys/bus/usb/drivers/mt7601u/new_id
systemctl restart mediacenter

Now check My OSMC -> Network

It may need a 7610U driver though. I notice the product ID is very different.

Sorry for the cheeky bump Sam, just really want to get to the bottom of my problems, just leaving for work now, will paste url thus evening for you.

Kind regards

lsusb log HERE

bash: /sys/bus/usb/drivers/mt7601u/new_id: Permission denied

USB now has power! However OSMC does not detect the WiFi Dongle.

You probably didn’t run it under sudo -s

All commands were run under sudo -s (root)

Hmm – not sure then

I found a git with the required MT7610U drivers, how would I go about installing?

Follow the instructions of the GitHub repository. I will see if I can pick one of these dongles up.

WiFi Dongle HERE

Hi Sam,

There is no instructions on the GitHub repository to follow, I tried using this tutorial and changed the lines to meet my requirements.

I can’t seem to compile and install this driver HERE for the latest kernel.

Could it be because you are trying to edit mt7601u, when you have mt7610u? I have the same device, and have been fighting with it myself under Xbian. It built, then said it installed… but wouldn’t load. I’m about to try in osmc… see if I have better luck.

@Mas0x hi mate did you get the dongle to work after as i have the same dongle chipset mt7610u and cannot get it to work ??? thanks

Hi, I switched to different os as I found it more useful for myself, plus had support for other functions. OMSC will support more chippers in the future, but right now ive not 100% sure what support is coming up?

I’m curious if anyone has gotten this usb dongle working with osmc yet. I bought this mistakenly thinking it is supported, but I seem to be having the same issues that are detailed here. If it still isn’t supported, is there any way to make this happen?