I found the other post from thelittlechef. I entered the link in his post to dlink's downloads page, and it seems that there is a newer version of the driver then what I published here.
In addition, this version indeed deals with one more device, unsurprisingly dlink's.
I'll try to compile dlink's version when I get home and update the OP accordingly.
Thank you thelittlechef for your finding
Sam, of course. I'll update the git repo with the newer version. In the future I'll send you a message if I change anything there.
Edit: I took the time to compare D-Link's driver and the code in the repository. It's exactly the same except for the patches that allows the driver to run without crashing on recent kernels, and the "support" for the DWA-131. I also noticed the the drivers' version numbers are actually the same - its just the dates that are different.
Anyway, I added the DWA-131 vendor id and product id to the list, so it should work now.
thelittlechef, try to compile once more and let us know if it worked.