Missing device node for CPU

Hi, New to the forum, go easy on me!
Ive just got a Pi2, ran the installer, fired up and all seems to be OK.
When the Pi boots up though, I get 4 errors:
Missing device node for CPU 0
Missing device node for CPU 1
Missing device node for CPU 2
Missing device node for CPU 3

is this anything to worry about, or is there a fix to prevent this?

thanks

This is not something to worry about, but will be resolved in the next release

I have thesame problem with a raspberry pi B2, but it doesn’t get any further than these notifications.

I’m running it on NFS btw.

I don’t know if NFS was baked in to the Pi2 kernel we shipped. Should be resolved for next update.

S

im having the node error on all cpu 0 1 2 3 too i had this working before befor installing rasbian etc formatted sd card a million times reistalled osmc several times get this error cud it be the firmware after updating the pi in raspbian or is it all reset on reinstallation of osmc fyi it wont work with openelec for rpi2 neither im at a loss here please h

did u get a fix

I have the same problem :frowning:

This isn’t really a bug, but this message will be gone in the next release.

After

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade
sudo apt-get dist-upgrade

Its gone :slight_smile:

My Pi 2 board will not boot, it just cycles through these 4 errors (4 cpus) and then restarts so its a real problem. Any ideas on a fix?

These errors are unlikely to be causing your problem. Describing what happened prior to the failure to boot would be more helpful. Giving as many details as possible (network type, connected devices, install media, etc) in a separate thread with an accurate and concise title would be more helpful.

So I downloaded the OSMC alpha image, placed the alpha 4 image on a 64gb Micro SD Card using Win32DiskImager and plug this card in my newly unbox Pi 2 with a USB Keyboard connected, a 100mb network cable (known working), a hdmi to HDMI connected monitor cable with a 2a 5.3v Micro USB power adapter. I get the Rainbow graphic followed by these 4 errors - this then cycles continuously. That explains exactly my situation.

Got my Pi 2 in the mail today, installed raspberry and immediatly looked for an alternative. within the hour i had installed the alpha4 OSMC build and had it playing any video’s i had to throw at it.

So much better than the HTPC build i bad planned until the pi 2 release notes caught my eye.

Donated to the cause because this is WAY BETTER than any other HTPC I could dream up on a $100 budget.

I too get the cpu core errors on boot, but OSMC boots shortly after and runs great. no issues with HD content

Not sure if 64gb cards are supported, do you have another card to try??

I get the same error on a 4 GB Kingston MicroSD as well. It is a brand new Pi 2 and I am having trouble getting any Pi 2 compatible image to boot (noobs)- not sure if its defective or just a new firmware yet to be seen - The noobs image mounts fine on my Pi B+

Why did you write the image manually? Download the installer and install from there, see if it works

I have also seen overvoltage problems, try a different power supply if you still have problems

PLEASE create your own thread for this issue instead of thread-jacking one that is not relevant to your problem.

I have been able to get the following working on my pi 2:

RASPBIAN
Debian Wheezy
Version:February 2015
Release date:2015-02-16

OSMC alpha 4

both of these were functional after using dd in Mac terminal to create a bootable sd after formatting as FAT

I’m using a 32GB class 10 sanDisk micro-sd

(i would link my download links for the builds used, but new users are limited in how many links we can put into one post)

Sorry I didn’t mean to Jack the thread, I thought it was relevant to the problem as listed. I will move this along to another thread.

I had the issue also but its cuz the power adapter was no good. I tried another power cable, I get the same message but boots fine.